Southborough’s Culinary Underground School for Home Cooks offers cooking classes for kids and teens during February vacation and beyond. Here’s an announcement from the school about their latest offerings.
Culinary Underground School for Home Cooks announces a big change is in its program for young cooks. Previously, Culinary Underground offered separate kids and teens classes. Effective January 2013, the separate groups have been combined into one age category.
“Now, kids ages 10-14 are welcome in all the Kids Cook classes and Parent/Child classes,” confirmed Chef/Founder Lori Leinbach. “Budding teen cooks ages 15 and older are welcome to attend the school’s adult classes, where appropriate, meaning our wine classes and couples nights are not appropriate for minors. We’ve found that this reorganization is a natural evolution based on student participation and need.”
Culinary Underground School for Home cooks still welcomes kids ages 8 and up for birthday parties.
For kids ages 10-14, Culinary Underground School for Home Cooks continues to offer:
- School Vacation Classes: A good activity during school vacation downtime.
- Parent/Child Classes: Bringing you together in the kitchen, away from the distractions at home.
- Vacation Cooking Camps: Four consecutive days of theme-based menus.
For the next several months, young cooking students can expect more exciting new offerings, including:
- Feb 18, Kids Cook: Celebrating Julia Child
- Feb 19 Kids Cook: Fondant Fun
- Feb 20 Kids Cook: Cheese Workshop
- Feb 21 Kids Cook: Chinese Restaurant
- Mar 22 Parent-Child: Easter Candy Workshop
- Apr 16 Kids Cook: It’s a Small World!
- Apr 18 Kids Cook: Let’s Party
- Apr 19 Parent-Child: Cupcake Wars!
Registration for the classes is first-come, first-served and completed online at www.culinaryunderground.com, or by calling 508-904-6589.
Culinary Underground School for Home Cooks can be found at 21 Turnpike Road, on the westbound side of route 9 in Southborough, near the Southborough/Framingham town line in the Brickyard Square plaza. For more information about the school visit www.culinaryunderground.com, check out the Facebook page, or call 508-904-6589.
For more February vacation options in and around town, click here.