On Wednesday night, the State Hearing for the Main Street reconstruction project is taking place. In preparation, five other boards and committees will be discussing the project on Monday and Tuesday.
Of course, there is other town business on board agendas, including filling the Planning Board vacancy, new Transfer Station rules, and hiring the new Assistant Superintendent of schools, .
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For a complete list of meetings, visit the town website.
All the below meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by. Don’t know where the meeting room is? Give a shout in the comments and I’ll do my best to help.
Monday, June 16, 2014
- Main Street Design Working Group, 7:00 pm @ Rooms A and B, Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda, group website) Agenda Highlights: Finalize report for presentation to BOS following night
- Planning Board, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss support of Main Street reconstruction plan; Goals for Planning Board, Administrative Review, and Planning Department
- Historical Commission, 7:15 pm @ Board of Health Meeting Room, Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Main Street reconstruction discussion; Develop 5 year plan for CPC
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
- Library Board of Trustees, 6:00 pm @ Book Sale Room, Southborough Public Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Main Street project and drainage issues update; Goals for director; Trustees’ priority list
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Gulbankian Land Court matter; Final report from Main Street Design Working Group; Fill Planning Board vacancy; Approve new Transfer Station rules; and annual board/committee appointments
- Assabet Valley Regional School Committee, 7:00 pm @ School Committee Conference Room, Assabet Valley Technical High School, 215 Fitchburg Street, Marlborough (agenda)
- Main Street Design Working Group, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda, group website) Agenda Highlights: Attending BOS meeting to present final report
- Planning Board, 7:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with BOS to fill board vacancy
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
- Board of Assessors, 9:30 am @ Hearing Room, Town House (agenda)
- Assabet Valley Regional Building Committee, 6:00 pm @ School Committee Conference Room, Assabet Valley Technical High School, 215 Fitchburg Street, Marlborough (agenda)
- MassDOT public hearing on 25% Main Street design plans, 7:00 pm @ Trottier Middle School auditorium, 49 Parkerville Road (DPW’s posted materials on project): Government Open Meeting for people to make comments to the state on the proposed Main Street Reconstruction project, currently on the list of state’s scheduled Transportation Improvement Projects.
- Combined meeting of Northborough and Southborough school committees, 6:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, Northborough, MA (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint Assistant Superintendent of schools
- Northborough Southborough Regional School Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, Northborough, MA (agenda) Agenda Highlights: (Immediately following Combined meeting, will open and move to closed Executive Session, then reconvene as open meeting); Update on OPEB (Other Post Employment Benefits) and trust fund; Ratify agreements with secretaries, educational support personnel and custodians
Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Economic Development Committee, 8:00 am @ St. Mark’s School, 25 Marlborough Road (agenda)
- Open Space Preservation Commission, 7:00 pm @ South Union Building, 21 Highland Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update RFP for deed research project