Was your dog in a fight on Saturday? Other owner seeking rabies certificate

by beth on March 14, 2016

This morning, someone posted a comment looking for help to track down overs of a dog that bit her dog. The incident took place on the Beals’ preserve trail Saturday afternoon.

The commenter claims that she is not looking to sue. She needs to confirm that the other dog has a “rabies certificate” otherwise she needs to quarantine her dog for 2 months!

Dog fight–help needed. On Saturday 3/12 at roughly 2:30, there was a dog fight on the Beals’ preserve trails. I need to find the owners of the dog that bit my dog. Nice looking couple, late 30s (a guess), they were jogging on the trails when our dogs met up. Seemed like a nice couple, wife tried to comfort me while I was screaming–I think she had blond hair. My medium sized dog was badly bitten. My vet needs to know if the other dog has a rabies certificate. I am not looking to sue anyone–I just want a copy of the rabies certificate. If I don’t get it, my dog has to be quarantined for 2 months–no walks, no dog parks, no groomer–nothing. If you know who this may have been–or if this was you, please contact me–again–NOT looking to sue!!!!

For contact information, see the original comment here.

1 resident March 14, 2016 at 12:44 PM

It is an awful thing that happened however, It was my understanding that dogs are not supposed to be up there. Is this the one off Chestnut Hill Road? I went to take my dog there and saw the sign so I left. I hope your dog is ok.

2 Wish I had Dog March 14, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Can’t believe Chestnut Hill Farm has a no dog rule. Didn’t the town (all tax payers) pay millions for the development rights to make walking trails etc?

3 beth March 14, 2016 at 3:44 PM

They were discussing Beals Preserve – which is land that was privately donated to Southborough Open Land Foundation. That is a seperate parcel from Chestnut Hill Farm. (But I don’t know about town money spent on walking trails in either area or rules for dogs at CHF)

4 Devon March 15, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Beals Preserve is behind the Red Gate/Hickory Rd. neighborhood. There are dogs walked through those trails regularly and there is not a “no dog” policy.

What did the other dog look like?

5 resident March 17, 2016 at 2:27 PM

Me either!

6 Jojama March 14, 2016 at 12:51 PM

This is the trail off Redgate/Hickory and dogs are allowed. But often run off leash. Most dogs are great and get along. Unfortunately that is not always the case.

7 Stefanie Cappello March 15, 2016 at 6:30 PM

I wish I had some information for you. GOD willing…..the owners will see this story and get in contact with you.

8 kathryn K March 17, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Thanks for the support and kind words. After the fight we headed home, using the Hickory Road trail. The other couple headed towards the aqueduct/canal (I believe). They were a nice looking couple, dressed in exercise wear, jogging. The woman was tallish–maybe 5’9″, slim, blond. The man–I am not sure–I think he had darker hair. The dog was the size of a lab, but I don’t think it was a lab. Brown fur as I recall. They seemed very nice–we were all just very eager to separate the dogs.