I’ve mentioned it before, but here’s your official save the date for the special town meeting this fall. It will be held on Tuesday, September 29 at 7:00 pm at Trottier, so get your babysitters lined up.
There are 15 articles on the warrant, several of them — like purchasing a new ladder truck — are quite meaty. You can find a draft copy of the warrant on the Southborough Advisory Committee website, but here’s a summary of some of the issues expected to come up at the meeting:
- Purchasing a new ladder truck for the Fire Department
- Report on options for a new police station (no vote)
- Increasing the dollar limit for the tax work-off program from $750 to $1000
- Adoption of MGL Ch. 32B § 18A for Medicare eligible retirees
- Greater enforcement abilities for the Building Inspector
- Undergrounding of utility lines on Main Street
- Purchasing a new police cruiser
- Increasing fees for dog and kennel licenses
- Amending the door-to-door solicitation bylaw
- Adopting a new bylaw about the public consumption of marijuana
- Moving the annual town meeting to the second Saturday in April, and other administrative town meeting procedures
We’ve already talked about some of these issues on the blog, but others like the marijuana bylaw, we haven’t gotten to yet. Expect more info in the run-up to town meeting. If there are any on this list you’re particularly interested in, let me know in the comments.