The devastation from the earthquake in Haiti this week is unimaginable. Here are some ways you can help.
- American Red Cross: www.redcross.org
- Oxfam America: www.oxfamamerica.org
- Doctors Without Borders: doctorswithoutborders.org
- Habitat for Humanity: www.habitat.org
- Mercy Corps: www.mercycorps.org
- Catholic Relief Services: crs.org
Give via text
- To donate $10 to the American Red Cross, text ‘Haiti’ to 90999. The amount will be added to your next phone bill.
- To donate $5 to Haitian-born musician Wyclef Jean’s Haitian Yele charity, text ‘Yele’ to 501501
Has anyone heard of local collection or donation drives? If so, please post information in the comments.
Thank you for posting this information. I would like to add one more group to the list: Partners in Health, a Boston-based group that changed the face of health care in Haiti thanks to two decades of amazing work that has set the standard for other groups working in third world countries. If you read Tracy Kidder’s Mountains Beyond Mountains, you know what I am talking about. You can donate at:
From Panzano Market and Tomasso Trattoria:
Panzano and Tomasso are in the White’s Corner plaza, 154 Turnpike Road.