In updating the Southborough Event Calendar, I noticed something missing. We have concerts, adult classes, and kids programs. We don’t have community theater.
I thought to myself, “Whatever happened to the Southborough Players?”
The most recent mention I could find was the article Susan posted in 2009. At that time, they put a production on hold temporarily for financial reasons. Sadly, I guess it wasn’t temporary after all.
During the school year, the schools help to fill the gap. In the meantime, it seems we have to look beyond our borders for theater.
So, for community/family theater, I’m making an exception to the “Southborough” Events Calendar. I’m adding plays performed in nearby towns.
My research only pulled up five area plays for the remainder of summer:
- Peter Pan (River’s Edge Arts Alliance) Thursday, July 18 – Friday, July 19 @ 7:00 pm
- Camp Rock (Performing Arts Center of Metrowest) Friday, July 26 @ 7:00 pm
- Legally Blonde (River’s Edge Arts Alliance) Friday, July 26 – Saturday, July 27 @ 7:00 pm
- Little Shop of Horrors (Performing Arts Center of Metrowest) Friday, August 2 – Saturday, August 3 @ 7:30 pm
- The Little Mermaid Jr. (Performing Arts Center of Metrowest) August 16 @ 7:30 pm & August 17 @ 2pm
If you know of other plays in the immediate vicinity, please share the information.