Last year, I went through one of the most stressful exercises in my life – the long overdue reviewing and updating of our savings plan.
As I used online calculators to predict future tuition costs, my heart dropped. I realized that money we were saving would help with retirement or college. But it couldn’t cover both.
I’m sure that my family isn’t the only one struggling with how to plan for both financial goals.
The Southborough Recreation Department is offering a session to address this issue.
How to Pay for College without Sacrificing Your Retirement
Tuesday, November 5 from 6:30 to 9:00 pm, at the Southborough Senior Center
Tim Higgins is author of Pay for College Without Sacrificing Your Retirement, has appeared on The Lou Dobbs Show, MSNMoney, CNNMoney, and in SmartMoney magazine and US News, and was named FIVE STAR Wealth Manager in Boston Magazine.
He will address the most efficient ways to address the high cost of college.
Parents with children of all ages, come hear college planning observations and strategies that you will not hear from your local high school.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Learn why Donald Trump could get financial aid.
- How to pay for college with or without financial aid.
- How to predict your financial aid package even before you apply
- The best financial aid and admissions strategy bar non.
- The best place to find scholarships that is right under your nose.
- The most overlooked way to cut down the cost of college.
- Learn the #1 under utilized vehicle that helps you save for college and retirement at the same time
- Money saving strategies for families that will not qualify for financial aid.