Southborough Police are investigating a serious crash that took place at about 2:36 am on Sunday, April 24. The collision at Woodland Road and Route 9 East resulted in “serious, but not life threatening” injuries to both drivers and three passengers.
The SPD is asking for anyone who witnessed or has information related to the crash to contact the Detective Division at (508) 485-2121.
The driver (and sole occupant) of a Toyota Tacoma had to be extracted using the Jaws of Life. The other driver and passengers were in a late model Toyota Camry. The release indicates alcohol was a likely factor, but doesn’t clarify which driver(s) had been drinking.
Click thumbnails below to open the original press release and photo, plus photos from the Southborough Fire Department’s Facebook page:
The SPD has also released its latest logs, covering Thursday through Sunday.
Reports include a business owner’s complaint about stolen lawn signs and three arrests. Read about those incidents and more below.
Thursday, April 21, 2016:
- 0419 hrs – An officer responded with the Fire Department to assist with a fire alarm activation at a Thayer Lane residence.
- 0430 hrs – An officer on patrol investigated a suspicious motor vehicle parked at a Main Street business. The officer advised dispatch that everything checked out ok.
- 0617 hrs – A medical was reported at a Boston Road residence.
- 0728 hrs – An officer assisted the Northborough Police Department with a follow-up Investigation in town.
- 1042 hrs – A medical was reported at a Stowe Road residence.
- 1136 hrs – Officers investigated an abandoned 911 call from a Turnpike Road business.
- 1350 hrs – An officer investigated a Harassment Complaint at a Boston Road business.
- 1611 hrs – ARRESTED: A Milford woman was placed under arrest after she was found to have an active arrest warrant out of Framingham District Court.
- 1634 hrs – Officers investigated a two car, motor vehicle accident on Turnpike Road. No injuries were reported at the scene of the accident.
- 1937 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at the Margaret Neary School on Parkerville Road.
- 2132 hrs – An officer investigated a Harassment Complaint at a Boston Road residence.
- 2329 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Turnpike Road business.
Friday, April 22, 2016:
- 0013 hrs – An officer on patrol investigated two suspicious vehicles parked in the lot of the 911 Field on Acre Bridge Road. The responding officer advised that both vehicles were unoccupied.
- 0838 hrs – An officer investigated a traffic complaint on Edgewood Road.
- 1227 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Pleasant Street business.
- 1350 hrs – Officers responded to Pine Hill Road to investigate a report of an erratic operator in the area. The responding officers reported back negative findings.
- 1415 hrs – A Southville Road business owner reported that several of their business signs were stolen from customer’s front lawns throughout town. An officer took a report on the incident.
- 1922 hrs – An officer responded with the Fire Department to investigate a fire alarm activation at a Marlboro Road residence.
- 2345 hrs – ARRESTED: A Southborough woman was taken into custody after a Probation Warrant had been issued for her arrest.
Saturday, April 23, 2016:
- 0452 hrs – Officers responded to Southville Road to investigate a report from Ashland Police that a suspicious male was reported to be in that area. Officers checked the area and reported back negative findings.
- 0544 hrs – An officer on patrol located the (previously reported) suspicious male party outside of a Cordaville Road business. The officer on scene reported back that the male checked out ok.
- 1006 hrs – An East Main Street resident reported that a very large coyote was stuck within the fenced-in area of their back yard. The Animal Control officer was advised of the report.
- 1345 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Northboro Road business.
- 2120 hrs – A medical was reported at a Boston Road residence.
- 2300 hrs – A medical was reported at the St. Mark’s School on Marlboro Road.
- 2347 hrs – ARRESTED: A Mendon woman was charged with OUI Alcohol; Possession of Open Container of Alcohol in a Motor Vehicle; Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle; Operating an Unregistered Motor Vehicle; Marked Lanes Violation; and No License in Possession.
Sunday, April 24, 2016:
- 0016 hrs – Officers responded to Turnpike Road to investigate a report of an erratic operator in the area. The responding officers reported back negative findings.
- 0222 hrs – Officers investigated a burglar alarm at a Lovers Lane residence.
- 0236 hrs – Officers responded to a two car, motor vehicle accident with multiple injuries at the corner of Turnpike Road (eastbound) and Woodland Road. Turnpike Road was shut down, while the Southborough Fire Department evaluated those involved in the crash. Multiple involved parties were transported to area hospitals after being evaluated by the SFD. The Massachusetts State Police Collision Reconstruction Team responded to the scene, and assisted Southborough Officers with their Investigation. The accident is still currently under Investigation at this time.
- 0928 hrs – An officer took a report of an Assault from a Meadow Lane resident.
- 1301 hrs – An officer investigated a report of two suspicious males working on a Verizon box on Middle Road. The male parties were located and checked out ok.
- 1445 hrs – Framingham Police requested Southborough Police to check the Turnpike Road area for a heavily smoking vehicle heading into Southborough. The responding officer checked the area and reported back negative findings.
- 1716 hrs – Officers investigated a three car, motor vehicle accident on Boston Road. No injuries were reported at the scene of the accident.
To view past Police Logs, click here.