I always warn that the schedule for Government Meetings can change during the week. But there are enough important changes this week to warrant an update.
Changes are a result of Open Meeting Law issues and pressure to prepare for next week’s Special Town Meeting. (Don’t forget, that’s Wednesday, March 8 at 7:00 pm.)
Two more meetings have popped up that residents following the Golf Course articles will care about. And two other important agenda changes occurred to meetings this week:
Yesterday (Monday, February 27), the Planning Board was scheduled to hold a meeting with three public hearings on Recreational Marijuana (prohibitions or restrictions). Unfortunately, the newspaper never printed the public hearing notices. When the board learned at the last minute, they were forced to cancel. They are being rescheduled to March 20th.
Selectmen have revised the agenda for tonight and added a meeting for Thursday night. And the St. Mark’s Master Plan Committee has scheduled a meeting in between. On Wednesday night, they plan to make their final recommendation for selectmen.
That final report had been scheduled to take place last Thursday night to run over to selectmen at another meeting taking place concurrently. That time frame ended up being too tight for the committee.
For the remainder of the week, the updated schedule follows (with changes highlighted in blue):
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Town Moderator on Special Town Meeting planning; Discussion and possible vote on Article 1; Discuss FY18 Budget recommendation – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Town Moderator Warrant Review, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Special Town Meeting planning in joint meeting with Board of Selectmen – Review Warrant; Discuss possible motions; review of group presentations for/against articles
- Advisory Committee, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St; later reconvening at Cordaville Hall, Rooms A and B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Planning for Special Town Meeting; Reconvene at Senior Center for Presentations and discussions of STM Articles 4 (preserve entire golf course) & 3 (public safety facility and modified golf course)
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Zoning Board of Appeals, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Continued hearings on height variances for Mooney Field and Richardson Court lights
- St. Mark’s Golf Course Master Plan Committee, 7:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Rooms A and B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss/make recommendation to Board of Selectmen
Thursday, March 2, 2017
- Economic Development Committee, 7:45 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda)
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussion and possible vote on Article 1; Discuss FY18 Budget recommendation
Friday, March 3, 2017
- Southborough Council on Aging, 8:30 am @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda)
- Adaptive Reuse of Historic Buildings Bylaw Committee, 1:00 pm @ Historical Society Museum, 25 Common St (agenda)
Saturday, March 4, 2017
- Public Safety Study Committee, 8:00 am @ Transfer Station – Recycling Area, 147 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussing with residents at Transfer Station the plans for a Public Safety Building and the related vote at Special Town Meeting
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the Tuesday Board of Selectmen meeting live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)
(Photo by Susan Fitzgerald)