Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless otherwise noted, all of these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Editor’s Note: The Town’s website has been down today. I received agendas for Monday’s and Tuesday’s meetings, plus the Regional School Committee on Wednesday. Beyond that, I don’t yet have agendas and the schedule may not be up to date. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website, which hopefully will come back up sometime soon.
Updated: The website is up, so I was able to fill in missing information.
Monday, February 24, 2020
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Continued hearings on zoning articles for Annual Town Meeting; Approval Not Required application for Dell EMC Lot 1; Discussions on bond reduction for Stonebrook Village Subdivision, contract extension for Engineering Review Consultant-, and release of 12 Thayer Lane -Heritage Crossing lot 1 – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House, Town Administrator’s Office, 17 Common St, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Golf Course Update, Review and approve Town Meeting Articles on St. Mark’s Church and Recreation projects; Draft Memorandum of Understanding; Reconvene at BOS Meeting to discuss Warrant Articles
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St, (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with Library Trustees to fill vacancy (until Town election); Discuss several Town Meeting Warrant Articles; EDC request for BOS to sponsor mixed use overlay zoning Article for Fall Town Meeting – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Board of Selectmen on Trustees’ recommendation for Library Trustee vacancy – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM as part of the BOS Meeting*
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Recreation Office, 21 Highland St, (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates; Bay Circuit Trail Connector Trail Reconstruction – April 2020; Review Master Plan topic areas related to trails
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, (agenda, policy) Agenda Highlights: Interviews and vote to fill Northborough vacancy on committee; Assistant Superintendent search committee; FY19 Audit report: Establishment of OPEB trust; FY21 Budget; Solar Update; 2nd reading of sexual harassment in the school policy – Broadcast live by NCAT**
- Historical Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Historical Museum, the Flagg School, 25 Common Street, (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on demolition permits for homes at 12 Walker Street and 22 Meadow Lane (to vote whether or not buildings should be preferentially preserved).
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room A & B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote on FY21 operating budget to be recommended to Annual Town Meeting
Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Southborough Cultural Arts Council Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Southborough Library, Main Floor, 25 Main St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Ceremony awarding grants
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the meeting(s) live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)
**Northborough Cable Access Television will live broadcast the meeting on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. (Note: The meeting will eventually be rebroadcast. But expect to wait several days before a time and link are posted to NCAT’s schedule.)
Updated (2/24/20 5:15 pm): The Town website is back up. I’m working on updates (like fixing the initially incorrect Historical meeting location). I’ll be updating again – hopefully soon. In the meantime, you can check the website.
Updated (2/24/20 5:40 pm): Added missing meetings, agendas and highlights for Wednesday and Thursday.
Updated (2/24/20 7:01 pm): Updated Planning agenda to version with the materials packet.