Today marks the official reopening Southborough municipal buildings.
You no longer need to make special arrangements to visit the Town House or the Southborough Library. And the Senior Center is reopened for visits for the first time since March 2019. The public can also now enter offices at Cordaville Hall, the South Union Building and the Public Works building.*
The Southborough Senior Center‘s website promotes:
At this time most of our programs for the summer are scheduled as outside events on the front lawn. For any indoor activities such as card games or pool we will not be requiring people wear masks for those who are fully vaccinated but do request that unvaccinated people do wear their masks.
We follow the recommendations provided by the Southborough Board of Health and thank them for their guidance.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453. Thank you! Pam
The Senior Center’s hours are posted as Mon.-Fri. 8:30 am to 3:00 pm and Sat. (unstructured activities) 9:00am – 12:00pm.
The Southborough Library is referring to it as a “limited reopening” Hours won’t be the full/usual ones to start**:
The library will be open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays and from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We hope to resume our regular schedule, including regular evening hours, in July 2021.
(It’s worth reminding here that in July and August, the Library will be closed on Saturdays as it is every summer.)
Other details include:
- During these hours, patrons are welcome inside to browse, check out materials and use the public computers as well utilize any available public seating.
- Please note limited seating will be in effect through June.
- The Ella Eaton Meeting Room will be unavailable through August 2021.
- Curbside appointments will continue in June from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Saturday. Please visit our website for curbside information.
- The library continues to encourage healthy and safe practices during the pandemic. To that end, a welcome station is available downstairs with masks and sanitizer available near the parking lot entrance.
- Additional masks are available to everyone for free at all public service desks. Need a mask? Ask a staff member.
For other Town buildings, the reopenings appear to follow regular office hours. For the Town House and most Town departments, those are posted as Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am – 5pm; Tuesday: 8am – 7pm; Friday: 8am – 12 Noon. However, some departments have different or more limited hours.
For Public Works, the hours are Mon. – Fri: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. For the Board of Health, hours are Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm and Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. To double check the hours for a department before you swing by, visit the department’s page on the Town’s website.
*The exception is Southborough Youth & Family Services. Their office visits are by appointment only, as they were prior to the pandemic.
**In normal days, the Library is open until 9:00 pm on Tuesdays – Thursdays.