Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless agendas note otherwise, meetings are open to the public.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- SHOPC/Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 8:30 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Organization of the Subcommittee; Directional/Future Planning
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Noise Bylaw Committee Volunteer interviews; ADA Hearing on Draft Self-Evaluation and Transition Plan; Updates on Downtown District bylaw, Halloran property access, Master Plan Committee, new IT position; Review of Special Municipal Employee designations; Discussion of Special Town Meeting date
- Americans with Disabilities Act Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Location: Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with BOS to discuss the ADA Self-Assessment study
- Scholarship Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Agree on scholarships to be awarded
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Strategic Plan Presentation; Board vacancy; Future meetings: in-person vs. remote
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Tech updates; Cyber resiliency planning; Updates to strategic plan; MTC Rules of Procedures and Project Questionnaire; follow up on past tech need discussions
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
- Personnel Board Meeting, 12:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Hiring in Southborough; Section 11 Benefits Review; DEI Training; FMLA policy; Request for annual salary increase for Election Workers & Wardens; continued discussion of “positions” and “classes” in Schedule A; Senior IT Specialist job description, rating and classification; Personnel Board role in Performance Evaluations
- Board of Health Meeting, 4:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approval of IMA for Shared Service Grant; Vote on Contract for Back-up Inspector; Follow-up on Quarantine Violation Appeal; Communication Consultant Bid; Discussion and Next Steps on Trash Hauling Regulations
- Cable Television Committee Meeting, 4:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussion with Comcast representative regarding renewal of license
Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on Amended Stormwater Management Decision for 6-8 Turnpike Rd; Work on Stone Arch Bridge/Aiken Park by MBTA; Violations 1 Lynbrook Rd and 155 Main St; Potential Violation Fisher Rd; Revocable License for 5 Boswell/Halloran property; Bylaw & Regulation Discussion – first steps & priorities
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list, plus one that took place earlier this morning:
Friday, July 9, 2021
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am @ remote meeting (agenda) (The video hasn’t been posted, but you can check here.)
Monday, July 12, 2021
- Americans with Disabilities Act Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Cordaville Hall (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review and prepare response to BOS on the ADA Self-Assessment study
*In normal days, some of Southborough Access Media broadcasts some meetings live and/or delayed via cable and YouTube. Stay tuned to find out when they will be able to resume that function. In the meantime, if a meeting agenda doesn’t note a virtual means of watching, best presume there won’t be one.
**For meetings that offer remote/virtual interaction, The Town has a dedicated zoom account. To find those details, click here.
***For school committee meetings — Agendas for remote meetings include links to zoom webinars for pre-registration. Northborough Cable Access Television is responsible for the cable access for school committee meetings that take place in-person at Algonquin. Webinars and in-person meetings should eventually available via Verizon-29 and Charter-194, NCAT’s VOD player, and their YouTube channel.