Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, October 4, 2021
- ADA Committee Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda, video not posted yet) Agenda Highlights: Review progress and priorities on ADA Self-Assessment study and Discuss future responsibilities
- Southborough School Committee – Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 4:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of FY’22 Capital Plan (Click here to register for webinar)
- Historical Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing on Demolition Permit for 22 Edgewood Rd; Discuss proposed Rules & Regs for Demolition Delay bylaw and proposed revisions to Bylaw
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Downtown District zoning bylaw
- Board of Trustees Library Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint full-time Children’s/Youth Services Librarian; Tentative Schedule for Interior Renovations
- Trails Committee Meeting, 5:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Trails Committee Charger change; Updates on Aqueduct Connector Trail Construction Project, Peninsula Trail, and Choate Fund Grant Joint project with Stewardship; Heritage Day prep;
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on utility pole at 25 School St; Comcast cable agreement renewal; Updates on Regional Dispatch discussions, call with MassDOT on HCVE traffic study; Chestnut Hill Farm alcohol license applications; Discuss/vote on Special Town Meeting – logistics, Downtown District bylaw, Article updates, signing Warrant; Q4 Financial Review; Board of Health Update
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Attend BOS meeting to discuss Downtown District zoning Article
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss proposed Eagle Scout project; discuss/vote on Choate Field Study; Updates on programming, new coordinator, lighting projects, and Kallander Field; Discuss Capital Planning Requests for FY23-31; Vote on pay rates
Thursday, October 7, 2021
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 142 Boston Rd installation of fencing around MWRA Riser Shaft, 325 Turnpike Road Ken’s Foods addition, Marlboro Rd roadway and pedestrian improvements; Requests for Certificate of Compliance for 139 Deerfoot Rd, 1 Witherbee Ln, 30 Presidential Dr, 243 Parkerville Rd, and 81 Breakneck Hill Rd; Discuss Violations at 84 Main St and 1 Lynbrook Rd; Discuss Stormwater Management Permit Bylaw/Regulation Updates; Update on Breakneck Hill Dump
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Southborough Scholarship Advisory Committee Meeting, pm (agenda, video not posted yet), 6:30 pm Agenda Highlights: Discuss potential process improvements for next year, goals for 2022 awards, fundraising initiatives, and increasing exposure and support
- SHOPC/Capital Planning – 21 Highland St Affordable Housing Subcommittee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video not posted yet) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Developability of Property and Definition of Affordability; Update/Reports on Research into potential housing development at 21 Highland St by Town or by Private Development; Next steps
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
There are a few videos that I couldn’t find on the remote channel this morning. I’ve contacted the Town and hope that’s a glitch will be resolved. I included the links to the YouTube channel where you can look for them later.