The Committee charged with working on a Noise Bylaw proposal is asking the public to provide some feedback. A survey asks the community about their experiences, annoyances, and opinions related to noises in their neighborhood.
The committee is estimating that answer the survey takes 5-8 minutes.
Questions cover ground that includes:
- Whether you think there should be a noise bylaw.
- Which sources of sound “bother, disturb or annoy you” at home?
- Do area noises disturb your families ability to sleep?
- What hours (if any) should limit certain activities?
- Should contractors’ restrictions be treated differently than residents?
- What exemptions should be considered for restrictions.
Although you’re free to share thoughts here, if you want them to be considered when the committee works on drafting the bylaw, complete the anonymous survey here by Sunday January 2nd.
Once the committee receives feedback, they need to work on a draft bylaw and hold more public forums for feedback, before presenting a final recommendation to the Board of Selectmen in early February.
The goal is to have a proposed bylaw ready to include in the Warrant for voters to consider at Annual Town Meeting in March.