Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, February 7, 2022
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:30 am @ Southborough Senior Center (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint chair; Review progress and priorities from Self-Assessment study and future responsibilities
- Historical Commission Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve letter to St. Mark’s School about concerns over pocket park project
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on Ken’s Foods warehouse expansion, 200 Turnpike Snow Removal/Landscaper facility; Discuss MBTA Communities, Tree Warden/Board, proposed Warrant Articles for Tree Bylaw and Scenic Roads, ARPA Funds, and One Stop Grant Expression of Interest
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 8:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates School Research Subcommittee and South Union Subcommittee, and ARPA Committee discussion; next steps/prioritization of Capital Plan requests for ARPA including Sr. Center renovation; Vote on Article for Breakneck Hill remediation; MTC Town Wide Survey – Committee collaboration; EDC Requests – One Stop Grant; Discuss Space Needs Presentation and next steps; Updates on projects – Town House, Fire Tender, Library Interior Renovations; Capital Planning standing committee bylaw status/edits
Tuesday, February 8, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 10:30am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Revisit Town-Wide Mask Mandate; Community Fridge; Ken’s Expansion as It Relates to Noise; Tobacco Permits & Approve Language on Limit of 6 Establishments, and process to update regulations; Review and Vote on New Health Director Job Description; MetroWest Health Foundation Grant Award; Air Sensor Grant Award; ARPA Committee Request; Update on the Space Needs Study; Town Meeting Safety Protocols; Covid Update including vaccing clinic for <5 yr olds
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee Policy Development Subcommittee Meeting, 4:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of Face Coverings Policy, Flexible Masking Policy Discussion with Medical Advisory Team (Click here to register for webinar)
- Southborough Youth Commission Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: FY23 Budget update, Friends report including Donation from Boy Scouts, Campership balance, Fundraising events; SYFS request for ARPA funds; Ellen Piontek scholarship; Strategic Plan to strengthen commission; recap of Space Needs Study presentation
Wednesday, February 9, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss facility options for the senior center including Community Center at Woodward and addition to Cordaville Hall
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Prep for presentation to School Committee on final report (Click here to register for webinar)
- Neary School Council Meeting, 3:15 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School Updates, Review Improvement Plan goals 1 & 2 (Click here to register for webinar)
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:20 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss town website and ease of accessing application; Update on submissions
- Southborough School Committee, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation on school building research; Establish a School Building Committee; Covid Updates; Authorize Superintendent to submit accelerated repair program Statements of Interest for Trottier and Finn roofs; Extended Day Update; Vote on FY23 Recommended Budget (Click here to register for webinar)
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation to School Committee on final report
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School Research Subcommittee presentation to School Committee (posted in case of a quorum)
Thursday, February 10, 2022
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 4:15 pm @ Town House 2nd floor Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review proposal to assign flat rate fee of $15 for all abutters list requests and allow online payments
- Noise Bylaw Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect Vice Chair; Work on Draft; schedule public forum
- Southborough Trails Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Peninsula Trail , DCR public access plan and MWRA 8(m) permit; ARPA Committee feedback on request for potential projects; Choate Fund Grant planning; Website updates; Trail Maintenance planning; Article for standing committee
Friday, February 11, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Upcoming programs Budget Update; What to do for spring spending; Discuss Senior Center addition and Capital Committee Updates
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, February 3, 2022
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Update on meeting with Board of Selectmen; Expression of Interest for One Stop for Community Grant funding FY23; EEA Grant project management; ARPA funding opportunity
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
Updated (2/8/22 10:44 am) I accidentally posted the wrong time for the Trails Committee Meeting. They meet at 7pm on Thursday.