Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
- Southborough Pubic Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss 2021 SPAC Self-Assessment Transition Plan with the Facilities Manager, Recreation Director and IT Manager re priorities, achieving results, timeline and recommendations on funding sources; SPAC, Town Meeting Budget request; St Mark’s Park design; 200 Turnpike Road
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 1:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update Winter Sow; New Pollination Preservation Gardens; Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan; Recommendations for ARPA Funds, South Union School, 325 Turnpike Road Wildflower Meadow Replacement Area; Review 200 Turnpike Road; Harvard Book Depository Landscape Plan; Rotary Club Collaboration; Update on 156 Northborough Road; Harvard Book Depository Landscape Plan; St. Marks Road Park
Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 3:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Minutes for 2/10/22 (remaining actions in closed session except for “any other business that properly comes before the Board)
- Southborough Stewardship Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Request for Falconry at Breakneck Hill; Community Gardens; Finalizing signs for rules and dog litter; Town Forest and trail naming; Tree work on Breakneck Hill
- Noise Bylaw Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, draft bylaw) Agenda Highlights: Public Forum on draft Noise Bylaw proposed for Annual Town Meeting Warrant Article
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Dates for Select Board recommendations; Review Fund Request Log; Approach and strategy; Review organizations that have been contacted for fund requests and any gaps; Community outreach to spread awareness of committee meetings, survey and, public forums; Community surveys; Evaluation criteria
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, February 17, 2022
- Historical Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Application for demolition for 42 Main St by Fay School – Commission to determine whether a Demolition Delay hearing is warranted; ARPA funding opportunity for signage for Southborough Center Historic District recognized by the National Register of Historic Places
- Northborough-Southborough School Committee Joint Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Mask policy for K-8 schools
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 8:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: How to address ARPA fund requests that impact FY23 funding for Town Meeting Articles
Friday, February 18, 2022
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Update on ARPA Committee; ARPA funding opportunities
- Library Board of Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Library Associate Appointment; Interior renovations update; Staff Appreciation discussion; Native Plants Garden update; Recording Clerk policy; St. Mark’s St Park Update
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
Updated (2/28/22 8:07 am): Fixed BOA listing which was missing the Agenda Highlights