Here are the posted open committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, March 14, 2021
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearings for Ken’s Foods Expansion, 200 Turnpike Rd, 154-156 Northborough Rd; ANR application to split 26 Meadow Lane into multiple lots; Discuss 17 Main St accessory apartment, Stonebrook Village open space, proposed Warrant Articles for Tree Bylaw and Scenic Roads, MBTA Communities
Tuesday, March 15, 2022
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss and approve letter to CPC regarding transfer of funds
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Neary Building Committee Interviews; Discuss Tree Warden appointment; Water Rates; Recommendation for oversight of road projects; Proposed Senior Center expansion; Discuss Warrant Articles for Rec revolving fund, CPA project for Mooney Pickleball courts, Board Committee adoption of rules & regs, Noise bylaw, CPA fund transfer for Affordable Housing Trust; FY23 Budget; Citizen petitions; Board positions on Annual Town Meeting Articles and budget; Town meeting logistics; ARPA fund discussion; Discuss bylaw amendment for citizen petitions; Proposed amendment to Neary Building Committee
- Council on Aging Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Answer any Select Board questions or concerns re: the ARPA funds request for the Cordaville Hall addition
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Select Board – Potential quorum present to discuss: 1) Cordaville Hall
Addition using ARPA Funds and 2) Road Maintenance Funds
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Trails Committee’s Warrant Article; Lundblad Facility Studay; Updates on programs, lighting projects, and Kallander field; 9/11 field fund finances; Space needs study update; research of town agreements for field use with sports leagues; CPA projects; Recruiting plans Admin Asst’s backfill; Tennis court rentals; ARPA Fund Application Update
Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Health Asst Director/Nurse/Coordinator classification and salary; Building Dept local inspector classification
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with Personnel Board on Public Health Asst Director/Nurse/Coordinator classification and salary
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss self-assessment transition plan with Recreation Director and Schools Superintendent on priorities, timeline, and funding recommendations; 154 Northborough Rd follow up
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Budget Revision
- Northborough – Southborough Regional School Committee Meeting,** 6:30 pm @ ARHS Library, 79 Bartlett Street, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School Choice Discussion; Library Presentation; Career Center/Internships/College Partnerships; School Committtee Approved Budget; Updates on Athletic Complex and Solar
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on 17 Main St St. Mark’s School seeking special permit to renovate an storage structure into accessory apartment; Discuss clerical changes to Special Permit and Variance applications, requirements for 10 Jericho Hill Rd variance, Master Plan Committee updates
Thursday, March 17, 2022
- Historical Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss committee organization; Budget Report; Position on Article on Board/Committee adoption of rules & regs; Updates on ARPA funding request for Historic District signs, St. Mark’s triangle project, and 42 Main St Demolition Delay process; Discuss next step in revising Demolition Delay rules and regs
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm – The committee asked readers be informed they are meeting weekly at this time “to discuss how to spend $3+ million allotted to the town via the American Recovery Plan Act.” Public comment is welcomed after completion of the agenda or can be emailed in advance. For details, click here. To look for the agenda to be posted later this week, click here.
Thursday, March 17, 2022
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation by Trails Committee on Bylaw; EEA update; One-Stop Application FY23
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 3:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Recommendations on ARPA Funds and South Union School; Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan; Earth Day; Rotary Collaboration; Library CPC application; St. Marks Road Park; Public display at Library garden; Garden at Beals Preserve; Updates on Golf course, Halloran parcel
Thursday, March 10, 2022
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Master Plan Committee and SHOPC/Capital Planning South Union Committee; Affordable Housing Trust Warrant Article prep and legal opinion; ARPA Final Rule & Spending priorities; MBTA Communities
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Southborough Trails Committee standing committee Warrant Article; 154-156 Northborough Road change from rental to ownership
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and materials, video) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 26 Meadow Lane (trench installation(, 8 Schipper Farm Lane (accessory building, pool, etc), 193 Cordaville Rd (paving, additions, and new garage), Ken’s Foods (addition), 71 Main St & 1 Sears Rd (new homes); Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**While the Regional School Committee is meeting in-person, their meetings are usually live streamed (for viewing, not participation) by Northborough Access Cable’s education channel.