Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:30 am @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common Street with hybrid remote participation (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Representatives for Ken’s Warehouse & Their Engineers on sound issues; Covid Numbers and Booster Clinics; Master Plan Comments for Board of Health
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:15 pm @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss applications received; review fund balance and history of donations; discuss any outreach
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common Street with hybrid remote participation (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Present Laurie Sugarman-Whittier Wellness Award; Recognize EDC Coordinator; National Police Week; Tree removal Hearings and Appeal; ’22-’23 Transfer Station Rules & Regs; annual Staff Appointments; Discuss Juneteenth holiday; Fall Town Meeting date; Discuss ARPA Committee recommendations; Capital Planning Committee recommendation for Pavement Management System; bid award for Northboro Road culvert replacement; St. Mark’s Street project next steps; Newton Street contract for water main replacement; Update on annual board committee appointments; Tree Warden position for FY23; Liaison for Board to private schools
- Planning Board Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Attending Select Board Meeting remotely for Tree Hearings on removal of trees on Stub Toe Lane, Sunrise Drive, Marlboro Road, and Stockwell Lane and Appeal of decisions re tree removals on Deerfoot and Flagg Roads
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, draft plan) Agenda Highlights: Discuss any final edits and insertion of pictures; prepare for presentation to Planning and Select boards
Thursday, June 2, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 7:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Closed Executive Session for contract negotiations; will return to Open Session at conclusion of Executive session
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 250 Turnpike Rd wetland boundaries, 200 Turnpike Rd construction of warehouse; Requests for Certificate of Compliance for 24 Granuaile Rd, William Colleary Lane, and 12 Barn Lane; 84 ain St changes/updates; Chestnut Hill Farm Management Plan; Stormwater Management Permit bylaw; Breakneck Hill Dump
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list. (Though, I had also updated last Monday morning’s story that afternoon, after 3:00 pm, with details on five more meetings that were posted after my initial listing.):
Thursday, May 26, 2022
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Next steps on tech related ARPA projects; standardized tech vendor question list; Digital content accessibility; Status of config/arch of new servers, security scans, and network arch and security review; Municipal tech for supporting Electric Vehicles; Digital access control options for transfer station; Cell coverage holes; action items review
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town committees and boards that advertise remote meetings can be joined on zoom (details here). They are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If they don’t advertise a remote option, assume that only in-person attendance is allowed.