I like to occasionally remind readers of all the great museum and park passes the Southborough Library offers. A few offer free admission, with the rest providing a substantial discount.
Passes cover a variety of museums for all age groups. There are also passes for enjoying parks, gardens and wildlife. With so many to choose from, there’s something for everyone.
For fun, I posted another photo gallery demonstrating the breadth of choices. (Click thumbnails for details and photo credits).
Now here’s the list by name:
- Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Boston Harbor Islands Ferry, Boston (seasonal)
- Danforth Museum, Framingham
- Davis Farmland, Sterling (seasonal)
- Discovery Museum, Acton
- EcoTarium, Worcester
- Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston
- Massachusetts State Parks
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Museum of Science, Boston
- New England Aquarium, Boston (seasonal)
- Salem Witch Museum, Salem
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden, Boylston
- Trustees Go Pass
- USS Constitution Museum, Boston
- Zoo New England
- Franklin Park Zoo
- Stone Zoo, Stoneham
(Please note that some passes need to be returned by 10am the next day the library is open. Since the Library is closed for the weekends in the summer, that would mean one taken out on Friday is due by 10:00 am on Monday.)
You can find details and reserve passes through the library’s website pass manager. Or you can make reservations by calling 508-485-5031 during library hours.
**Thanks to the Friends of the Southborough Library for funding the majority of the passes and the Southborough Gardeners for providing the Tower Hill pass.
(Photos clockwise from discoveryacton.org, from flickr by Abigail Batchelder, by Joao Melo, from flickr by Don Rogers, from Franklin Park Zoo Facebook, from gardnermuseum.org; center from flickr by Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism)
Updated (7/13/22 9:04 am): Technical issues with the photos were fixed. (Plus, I updated the Danforth image.)
Updated (7/14/22 2:58 pm): I removed Worcester Art Museum which is no longer available.