Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, May 22, 2023
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Officer election; Hearing on 40-42 Central St (Fayville Hall History & Arts Center); 206 Turnpike Rd Minor Site Plan; Discuss MBTA Communities zoning input and path forward, Zoning Map update, and Town Counsel Support to Planning Board
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss any 502 CMR violations; Review progress on identified issues; Smart phone apps that support handicap signage
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:30 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve FY24 contracts for Health Director and Professional Services; FDA National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards; Odor Complaint – Brox Industries
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @
Town House Hearing Room andzoom only (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Overview of Welcome Home Veterans’ bonus; Grant for dog park; Update on gazebo at old Fire/Police Station property; Water Rates effective date; Review proposals for One Stop Grant application (Zoning Review for Affordable Housing; Rte 9 Business Corridor; Rehab of Flagg School); Review of FY24 Staff Appointments; Update on St. Mark’s Street Park design and next steps; Discuss potential flag policy for Town properties, including Old Burial Ground
- Scholarship Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall/Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review applications and determine scholarship awards
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on DCR trails agreement, Peninsula Trail fence/signage; Potential SPAC contribution to enhance trail accessibility
Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Southborough Golf Clubhouse, 32 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: In-progress course project status; signage; marketing; Financial modeling; Irrigation
- Master Plan Implementation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Standard Communication to all Boards/Committees/Departments; Discuss prioritization of goals
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, May 17 2023
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 8:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Vote on increases to revolving account limits for inspection services and golf course; possible vote on Fire Department reserve fund request for grant matching funds
Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Finalize MOU for Algonquin Regional High School Athletic Complex Project – Tennis Court Replacement; Review SHOPC/Capital Planning Subcommittee Report of 21 Highland
Street and Affordable Housing Trust Fund Committee Strategic Plan; Discuss status of Town House Restoration and Bond; Update and renew staff contracts
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
Updated (5/23/23 1:07 pm): The Town announced that the Select Board Meeting will be over zoom only (with no in-person attendance at Town Hall as originally planned).