Here’s the Heritage Day schedule of events. The fun starts on Sunday with pumpkin lighting. The main event on Monday kicks off with the annual Heritage Day parade and continues with music, games, and family fun.
A reminder that the Heritage Day Road Race was canceled this year due to low participation, and the pumpkin lighting will officially end early due to the town’s outdoor activity ban. You may also notice there’s no pie-eating contest this year, but Recreation Director Doreen Ferguson promises it will be back next year.
For information on where to park, see this post.
Sunday, October 7
2:00 – 6:00 pm: Southborough Historical Society Museum open (behind Pilgrim Church)– The Historical Museum is not open this Sunday, but will be open most other Sundays this fall. See their website for more info: www.southboroughhistory.org
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm: Light Up Southborough Pumpkin Lighting & Viewing on Common St. (Pumpkin drop-off in front of the library)
Monday, October 8
- 7:00 – 9:30 am: Vendor set-up, St. Marks Field (Route 30 & Route 85)
- 9:30 am: Vendors open
- 9:30 am: Parade line-up at St. Anne’s Church
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Friends of Southborough Library Book Sale at the Library
- 10:00 am: Annual Heritage Day Parade begins (Boston Road > Main Street > Cordaville Road)
- 11:00 am – 2:00 pm: Fire Department Open House
- 1:00 – 1:45 pm: LuckyBob Magician Juggler Comedian Performance at St. Mark’s Field
- 11:30 am – 2:00 pm: Luncheon at the Community House; $7/meal, $6/senior citizens (no child size meal or rate)
- 3:30 pm: Vendors close & clean up