Today is the last day of Southborough public school until August 28th. Right now, the kids are as giddy as. . . well as kids just released for the summer. Parents may not be so giddy.
Summer can crawl by or fly by. It depends on how you enjoy it. For me, occasional half day camps are a lifesaver.
Starting next week, Southborough Recreation Department offers some wonderful camps. My kids had a blast at Kids’ Kamp last year. They also offer swim classes, sports camps, and even engineering camps.
You can check out Rec’s full brochure with details here. Below is a list of the youth programs offered this summer.
Kids’ Kamps (options for potty trained 2.9 yr olds to soon to be 5th graders):
- This year they have expanded the time to 4 hours, 8:30-12:30. Woo hoo!
- Certain weeks offer 2nd – 5th graders a chance to explore activities at Fay’s Discovery Camp.
Counseler in Training program (entering grades 6-9):
- CITs will assist Kids’ Kamp counselors
- An active week of working with children, while learning games and leadership skills.
- Engineering with Legos (options for ages 5-12)
- Engineering and building specialized moving cars (options for ages 6-12)
- On-Camera acting (ages 7-13)
Sports classes and camps:
- Swim lessons
- Horseback riding programs and camps
- Multi-sport camps
- Flag football
- Field Hockey
What are your favorite things to do in the summertime? Let us know in the comments.