Next week, Southborough public school students will enjoy time off.
That means, it’s a great time to plan some fun outings. So, I thought I’d remind you about the the Southborough Library’s museum and park passes.
A few of their passes offer free admission, with the rest providing a substantial discount. Passes cover a variety of museums for all age groups. There are also passes for enjoying parks, gardens and wildlife. With 15 to choose from (and more seasonal ones at other times of the year), there’s something for everyone.
Over break, at least two of the museums are offering special programs for kids. If one of these interests you, I suggest reserving a pass in advance:
- As I previously posted, the Museum of Fine Arts is offering special “Make Way for Animals” activities Mon-Fri that week (including puppet shows by a Southborough puppeteer.) Click here for details.
- The Discovery Museum is making it an Engineers Week with a different Everyday Engineering opportunity each day, Sunday – Saturday
- Worcester Art is holding special workshops and activities that Tues -Fri
The Ecotarium is also promoting a City Critters program that Tues – Fri
- The Museum of Russian Icons is offering special activities that Tues – Fri
- Wed – Fri, the deCordova is holding special art programs for kids
Now here is a list of all the passes available through the Library this month:
- Boston Children’s Museum
- deCordova Museum & Sculpture Park, Lincoln, MA
- Discovery Museums Acton
- EcoTarium, Worcester, MA
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston, MA
- Massachusetts State Parks Pass
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
- Museum of Russian Icons, Clinton, MA
- Museum of Science, Boston, MA
- Mystic Aquarium, Mystic, CT
- New England Aquarium, Boston, MA
- Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA
- Salem Witch Museum, Salem, MA
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden, Boylston, MA
- Worcester Art Museum
(Please note that some passes need to be returned by 10am the next day the library is open.)
You can find details and reserve passes through the library’s website pass manager. Or you can make reservations by calling 508-485-5031 during library hours.
**Thanks to the Friends of the Southborough Library for funding the majority of the passes and the Southborough Gardeners for providing the Tower Hill pass.