Girl Scouts service on Sunday – Celebrating Sisterhood

by beth on March 8, 2017

Post image for Girl Scouts service on Sunday – Celebrating Sisterhood

This Sunday, Girl Scouts in Southborough and their families are invited to a “Celebration of Sisterhood” at Pilgrim Church.

The church will be hosing an inclusive, interfaith service in celebration of Girl Scout week. All religions are welcome.

Girl Scout Sunday flyer

(click to enlarge)

The service takes place at 3:00 pm in the church, located at 15 Common Street. A short reception will follow the service.

Organizers are also seeking Girl Scout members or troops to participate in the ceremony:

Please consider joining us to do a reading, recite the Girl Scout Promise or law, or simply to support one another!

If your daughter or troop would like to help, please email lauramichel@hotmail.com. Participating girls will receive a fun patch. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Mike Fuce March 9, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Sisterhood, really, you’re actually politicizing your children now?

2 beth March 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM

What on earth makes you think of “sisterhood” as a political thing?!!!

Have you been listening to too much Rush Limbaugh? If the Boy or Cub Scouts had an internal event celebrating brotherhood, would you make an assumption about politics?

If you google Sisterhood definition you get:

1. the relationship between sisters.

• the feeling of kinship with and closeness to a group of women or all women.

2. an association, society, or community of women linked by a common interest, religion, or trade.

My initial presumption, backed by these definitions is it is about feeling kinship with fellow girl scouts.

But there are more definitions. On Dictionary.com, sisterhood is defined:

noun
1. the state of being a sister.
2. a group of sisters, especially of nuns or of female members of a church.
3. an organization of women with a common interest, as for social, charitable, business, or political purposes.
4. congenial relationship or companionship among women; mutual female esteem, concern, support, etc.
5. Usually, the sisterhood. the community or network of women who participate in or support feminism.

It seems to me that you have gotten too trigger happy about seeing politics you hate wherever you look. I’m guessing you are presuming that as referenced as part of the least common definition, that it has something to do with feminism. (And I’m betting that your take on feminism is along the lines feminazis.)

3 Downtown Resident March 9, 2017 at 10:08 PM

This is a very nice invatation to an interfaith service.

4 D. McGee March 9, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Wow Mike, you are so off the deep end. Who said “sisterhood” has ANYTHING to do with politics? Are you that scared of empowered girls/women?

5 Jojama March 9, 2017 at 12:30 PM

Haha… Mike are you replying in the wee hours of the morning just like DJT?

6 Mike Fuce March 9, 2017 at 12:47 PM

Beth, such name calling and assumptions – is this a left leaning blog now? Often the intentions of the heart are revealed in what is spoken in anger and I guess you have revealed that and without many words of my own I’ve proven my point. I’m fairly certain without reading any of the other posts the hackles and hisses of many will be revealed. Yes there are certain trigger words that reveal who people are. Have a nice day

7 beth March 9, 2017 at 1:45 PM

What was the “name calling”?

And I believe you began the “hackles and hisses” by attacking a girl scout event organizers as politicizing their children.

It’s not a left leaning blog. I don’t post about national politics in general. You are the commenter who continually takes small town events and tries to contextualize them as republican or democrat, left or right.

And you have made it very clear that you are on the right and that you are angry with the left.

By the way, I wasn’t angry, I was amused.

8 Em March 9, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Don’t feed the trolls.

9 D. McGee March 9, 2017 at 2:13 PM

I think it may be time to just ignore Mike’s posts. He sees things in black and white: there’s his way (1940s America) and everything else. The Archie Bunkers of the world are thankfully anachronisms.