Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Monday, March 20, 2017
- Parent Coffeehouse (9:30 – 11:30 am) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Library, Northborough: The second in the three coffeehouse presentations sponsored by the District Student Support Services Team. This one addresses Learning Disabilities. The agenda will include a recount of a former student’s personal journey followed by a panel discussion with District staff.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Origami Peace Crane Workshop (4:00 – 6:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Floor: A drop in origami craft program for all ages. Robin Batchelder will offer guidance for technique that enables encouragement and confidence-building.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Poetry Workshop Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, main floor: Join several Southborough poets as they review and discuss the work of a featured author and discuss & create poetry of their own. The series is through a partnership between the Southborough Public Library & the Worcester County Poetry Association.
- Tales & Tails (6:15 – 7:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Children can spend some time reading to a dog. Children must have some reading ability. Registration is required. Please contact the Children’s Room for more information. To register, call 508-485-5031 or email email@example.com
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Beginner Birding (3:45 – 4:45 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Hands On Nature returns to the library to teach children about birding. They will learn more about the local birds in their yard and how to start identifying them. This program is for children ages 5-9 years old. Registration is required. Sign up in the Children’s Room, 508-485-5031.
Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Art Workshop for Children (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Children ages 5-9 are invited to be a part of the drop in art workshops. (Siblings allowed.) This session, the focus is “Garden Bumble Bees”. Registration is not required. The workshop will be run by Bigelow Center for the Arts; Lanting Huang-Truong. Sponsored by the Community Fund, a fund of the Foundation for Metrowest.
- Hop into Spring Savings (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Recreation Department, 21 Highland Street: Annual event to promote signing up for Southborough Recreation’s spring and summer programs. Clowning, balloon twisting, face painting, and complimentary refreshments. Autographed Beasties by Ray LaChance. Enter a free raffle for one week of Summer Camp. Limited number of reduced rate vouchers will be for sale (one per family) to be used towards any town recreation programs (including RAP or Summer Camp)
- Don’t Touch That Dial – Live 1940’s Radio-on-Stage (8:00 – 10:30 pm) @ Trottier Middle School, 49 Parkerville Road: Join Framingham Community Theater live in Southborough as they bring their popular “Don’t Touch That Dial” performance on the road. You will be transported to the 1940′s for an evening ’round the family radio. Show is suitable for Ages 10+. Performance benefits the Southborough Education Foundation. See dedicated post for details.
Updated (3/20/17 1:28 pm) I mistakenly listed the Peace Crane event as on Wednesday. It is Tuesday afternoon.