Police and fire personnel stand at attention in honor of Southborough Police Chief William H. “Billy” Webber during a funeral service, Saturday in Milford. (Photo from Metrowest Daily News)
Below is a round-up of the coverage given to Police Chief William Webber in the local news media. Noticeably absent is a story from the Boston Globe. That’s because there wasn’t one. I know times are tough for the Globe, but am I the only one disappointed by the lack of coverage?
- Southborough Police Chief, 53, dies of cancer (Metrowest Daily News)
- Town grieves chief who died of cancer (Worcester Telegram & Gazette)
- Many expected for Webber’s funeral (Milford Daily News)
- Southboro Mourns Beloved Police Chief (WBZ – includes video of the funeral procession)
- Southborough and Milford mourn Chief Webber (Metrowest Daily News)
There are also some nice pictures at southboroughnews.com (you might have to scroll to find them).
Update: The Boston Globe posted a story on Chief Webber on November 22