The class of 2011 is marching into the real world. On Sunday, Algonquin graduated 355 seniors in front of a packed crowd in the school’s gymnasium. On Friday, Assabet handed out diplomas to 210 grads, including four from Southborough.
For coverage of the speeches and ceremonies, click on over to these stories in the local media.
- Disney World, albino alligators and fortune cookies mark Algonquin graduation (TheDailyNorthborough.com)
- Algonquin Regional Class of 2011: Later, gators (Metrowest Daily News)
- PHOTOS: Algonquin Regional Class of 2011 graduation (Metrowest Daily News)
- At Assabet, a little levity, then graduation (Metrowest Daily News)
- PHOTOS: Assabet Valley Class of 2011 graduation (Metrowest Daily News)
For those of you wondering what albino alligators have to do with graduating seniors, Algonquin class valedictorian Alexander Silver explains (via TheDailyNorthborough.com):
“You are very much like albino alligators,” Silver said in a surprise comparison. “You all stand out in a cool way. Each of you is an individual, better defined from the rest for going to this school. Like the albino alligator, once you get a tenacious grip on something you don’t let go. You also have qualities that will serve you well – dedication and charisma.”