If you are concerned or confused about the effect that greenhouse gas emissions on our planet, you may want to come to the Southborough Library on Tuesday, September 17, at 7:00 p.m.
The Southborough Green Technology and Recycling Committee will be holding a talk. Their goal is to form a network of individuals and organizations in Southborough who are concerned about the issues of greenhouse gas emissions.
This is a chance for residents concerned with the effects of CO2 increases to gather and talk. It is also an opportunity for anyone who wants to learn more about the issue.
- The 350 parts per million threshold is the maximum atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide for a safe planet.
- PreIndustrial Revolution levels were near 250 parts per million.
- In May 2013, it was measured at topping 400 parts per million.
- Recent measurements indicate CO2 levels are rising at 2 parts per million per year.
- The potential impact to global warming, climate change and economic stability.
This will be followed by a discussion of what residents and organizations can do to help address the problem.