I’ve run several posts lately about youth sports and recreation starting up this fall. You may be feeling a bit envious. No need. There are plenty of sports and fitness offerings through Southborough Recreation for adults.
These are just the sessions that begin this month. (Many begin this weekend.)
For more information, or to register, go to the Southborough Recreation website.
- September 15 to November 20
- $40 (no pro-rating)
- Sundays 6:00 – 7:45 pm
- Wednesdays 7:00 – 9:15 pm
- Newcomers are always welcome. Attendance need not be regular. We call our own fouls and shoot foul shots. We keep score in order to know when to stop for water. No basketball held if the schools are closed, or if the gyms are needed for school or town activities (such as voting).
Drop In Co-Ed Volleyball
- September 18 to February 26 (except for holidays, early release days and school events.)
- Wednesdays 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- This non-competitive, fun atmosphere is for all volleyball enthusiasts. This is an informal volleyball program where different teams are formed each night. Please bring water and wear comfortable sneakers!
- September 16 – November 1
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 6:00 – 7:00 am
- The Bootcamp workout includes light running, interval training, a variety of cardio drills, and several circuit based workouts. We use kettle bells, battle ropes, trx, jump ropes, free weights, medicine balls and many other pieces of equipment during the one hour workout. Each workout includes a warm up, a core strengthening session and a cool down with stretch. For both men and women.
Golf Camp at Juniper Hill
- Three day sessions, 11am to 1pm
- September 18 – 20
- September 24 – 26
- September 27 – 29
- Grasp the necessary basics to improve the game at an excellent price. Video analysis and training aids are used to develop and improve the golfer’s technique. All aspects of the game from full swing to short game will be covered.
Golf Lessons at Juniper Hill
- September 11 – 26
- Wednesdays OR Thursdays 5:00 – 6:45 pm
- Improve and learn more about your game as you play! Our on course instruction is now available for beginners and more advanced players. Established golfers will improve their strategy, where to aim, what club to hit and how to play certain shots. Beginners will learn course etiquette and feel more comfortable while achieving a better understanding of the game. Golfers must have their own club.
- Adults and Juniors will be in different groups unless otherwise requested.
- September 15 – October 20
- Levels and Times: Beginners (little or no previous instruction) 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Adv. Beginners (can volley, aware of strokes) 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Intermediates (quick volleys, can serve, handle fast shots, play a set of singles) 6:30 to 7:30
- Each group will receive instruction appropriate to their levels from experienced Pros. Juniors and Adults will be on separate courts. Beginners and Advanced Beginners will practice basic strokes and footwork patterns, and will learn the rudiments of the game. Intermediates will also work on strokes, and will participate in more playing drills designed to practice positioning, tactics, shot selection, game situations and more!
Updated (9/11/13 10:00 am): Tai Chi, Belly Dancing and Zumba are not offered this fall. (There was a technical glitch in the Rec Dept online brochure. It is being fixed.)