I have more details to share about the festival this weekend at Chestnut Hill Farm.
The farm is inviting the public to the celebrate with them from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on Sunday, October 11. Here are the highlights:
Pie-baking contest (Please sign up!)
This is dependent on having enough entries. They are hoping to hold both a youth and adult contest.
If you are interested in participating (for fun prizes) email Nicole Nacamuli (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to enter. (If this does happen, awards are scheduled to be presented at 1:30 pm.)
Goat Milking Contest
Come root on some chosen ‘local heroes’ and a couple of volunteers chosen from the audience. The contestants will have a chance to get as much milk out of the goat and into the bucket within a 1 minute time limit. (Scheduled for noon.)
Pumpkin and Birdhouse gourd painting/carving/decorating (10:00 am – 4:00 pm):
- Under the big tent, they will be selling pumpkins (free to Trustees members) and Birdhouse gourds, prepped and ready for painting
- At the event, they will supply all you need to to carve or decorate the perfect pumpkin in time for the Annual Rotary Club Pumpkin Lighting that night. (Reminder: Drop off for that is in front of the library from 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Viewing is from 7:00 – 9:00)
- The birdhouse gourds can be also be decorated as a ghost, ghoul, etc. – birds will still nest in it in the spring.
More ongoing activities from 10:00 – 4:00:
- Veggie Bingo
- Veggie Stamping (use cut veggies to make a beautiful flag)
- Local live music all day
- Cornhole games
- Meet the goats and bunnies
- Cider pressing demo
- Food vendors including Culinary Underground, Yummy Mummy Brownies, Powisset Cooks, and many more
- Local conservation groups, organizations and businesses will have information booths
They are also hoping to set up a fun Haybale obstacle course in time for the festival.
- 11:00 am: Farm Tour
- 11:30 am: Beekeeper demonstration – Scott Navaroli of Southside Apiary will talk about his bees and honey production
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Photo booths with dress ups and/or face boards and even GOATS!
- 12:00 pm: Goat Milking Contest
- 1:00 pm: Guided Hike
- 1:30 pm: Pie Contest Awards
- 3:00 pm: Farm Tour
For a map of the events, click on the Black & White schedule above.
Looking for Monday’s Heritage Day schedule? Click here.
Hope you have an awesome festival.