Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this weekend.
Friday, September 23, 2016
- Firefighter MDA drive (going on now) @ intersection of 85 & 30: Firefighters are out in the Main Street intersection holding out their boots. They are collecting donations for the Muscular Distrophy Association.
- Finn Fall Festival and Book Fair (5:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Mary Finn School, 60 Richards Rd: A night of fun for young kids and the whole family. (You don’t need to attend Finn to join the fun.) The Finn SOS fundraiser includes Carnival Games, pizza, & dancing! There is also a Bake Sale. And the big raffle (with prizes valued at $25-$1,500) Entry costs $7 per person (max = $25 per family) and covers entertainment, 1 slice of pizza and a drink.
Saturday, September 24, 2016
- Electronic, Appliance, and Bicycle Recycle Day (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Saint Anne’s Church parking lot, 20 Boston Road: Bring electronic items to the parking lot to be recycled for a fee. (No fee for some small items like cables and cell phones) They will also collect unwanted bicycles. Questions: Please contact Dennis Wood 508 277 7513. A portion of the event proceeds will be paid to St. Anne’s Church.
- Service Academy Fair (10:00 am – 11:30 am) @ Winchester High School, 80 Skillings Road: Free informational fair for high school students. Military representatives will speak about their academies and be available to answer questions from prospective cadets. See dedicated post for details.
- Saturday Art Workshop for Children (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: The art workshop is open to children ages 5-9 and siblings. Drop in to create some art! Registration is not required. This month, join Bigelow Center for the Arts to sculpt Clay dragons.
- ARHS Cheer Carwash (11:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Transfer Station