A group of women from Southborough are working together to make a difference. To make a real impact, they are seeking power in numbers.
The charitable group is hoping to round up enough members to justify their name – 100 Women of Southborough.
To join, you just need to be willing to commit to donate one hour of time and $100, four times per year.
(Presumably, you should also be a woman who is part of the Southborough community.)
The group is founded by Terri Grogan, Karyn Clarke, Kate Diodati, Lisa Fruhan, Jamie Mieth, Jen Triompo, Emily Woodworth, and Stephanie Wysocki. Grogan explained to me that she learned about the “100 women” concept through work. She was inspired to start a Southborough group and recruited her co-founders.
Southborough’s group is:
dedicated to supporting the work of local charitable organizations throughout our area. Our mission and purpose is to maximize women’s leadership in philanthropy by engaging and educating our membership about the community work of these organizations and strengthening their impact through our collective giving. We strive to make a difference!
The first meeting will take place this September (date TBD). In preparation, the founders are reaching out to recruit members. As of earlier this week, their Facebook page updated that they were 3/4 of the way to meeting the 100 member goal.
Their flyer pitches:
- Are committed to helping others in our community but are stretched for time;
- Want to be part of a powerful group of local women making an immediate, direct and positive effect on the lives of our neighbors;
- Want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity;
- Want to learn more about the many worthy community service programs and organizations serving Massachusetts Families…
THEN THIS IS JUST THE GROUP FOR YOU….
It further explains:
JOIN US! DO THE MATH: [ONE HOUR + $100] x 4 MEETINGS = A HUGE IMPACT IN OUR COMMUNITY!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS!
1. MEET: Before each meeting, any member of 100 Women of Southborough is able to nominate a MA based, non-profit organization 501(c)(3) with in a 30 mile radius. At each quarterly meeting, three of the nominated charities are chosen randomly and members who have nominated the organizations present a five-minute description of the local organization or agency.
2. VOTE: A written vote is then taken, the votes counted and the winner is announced. Each of the women writes a check for $100 to the chosen agency. The meeting ends and the agency or organization receives our donation. 100 women = $10,000!
3. WATCH: See how $40,000 a year can improve the lives of our neighbors when placed in the hands of deserving agencies working to serve our community.
WOW! THAT IS POWERFUL!
If you believe that a few caring individuals can make a difference, YOU ARE RIGHT!
TO JOIN just visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/100WomenSobo/ and click on the sign up button.
Once you complete the membership commitment form you will become one of the 100 Women!
QUESTIONS: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WE WELCOME YOUR PARTICIPATION!