Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless otherwise noted, all of these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, November 18, 2019
- Americans with Disabilities Act Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Cordaville Hall, Coffee Area, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussion with Asst Director for Community Services; Review of open ADA complaints with Town Administrator/ Compliance Officer; Building Commissioner/ Zoning Enforcement Officer input with the Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda and meeting materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on St. Mark’s dorm; Discussion 5G small cell policy; Lighting Bylaw Working Group Update; Site Plan Review Bylaw; FY21 budget – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Postponed to November 26** – Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda with packet) Agenda Highlights: Fill Library Trustees vacancy; Verizon cable agreement; ADA Warrant Article request; Transfer Station Fees; Approve design Phase III for Kallander Field – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Postponed to November 26** – Board of Trustees Southborough Library Joint Meeting with Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with Board of Selectmen – Report on Library Strategic Plan, status of grants, and recommendation for filling vacancy – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM as part of the BOS Meeting*
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Public Safety Building, Public Meeting Room, 32 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation by Council on Aging on proposed additions to building; Discussion of free cash and impact on bond rating
- Historical Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Flagg School, Historical Society Museum, 25 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing for 153 Middle Rd, Administration issues, payables, reimbursement and budget; Update on 4 Sears Fd
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Downtown Initiative EEA Grant project; Network Event Main Street Bank; Vote to expand subcommittee to 5 members
- Open Meeting Law Training session, 5:30 – 7:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall/Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Rd (Town announcement): The session will be conducted by the state Attorney General’s Office. The Town is hosting the training session for board/committee volunteers and any interested members of the public.
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 6:30 pm @ 49 Boston Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Election of officers
- Northborough-Southborough Regional School Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Student Support Services presentation; English Language Education Update; and Concussions Update – Broadcast live by NCAT*
Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Southborough School Committee – Policy Development Subcommittee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Office of the Superintendent, Conference Room, 53 Parkerville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of policies: Bullying Prevention & Intervention, sexual harassment in the school/workplace, rehab act compliance, non-discrimination/equal opportunity/affirmative action/Title IX/Section 504/Chapter 622/Grievance Procedure; School Search; Student Bus Behavior and new policy on Audio & videotaping/recording of meetings in school facilities
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 9:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Sign contract for FY2 l commercial/industrial/mixed use valuation services
Friday, November 22, 2019
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 8:00 am @ Southborough Town House, Front Foyer, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss approaching Selectman for purpose of Town Warrant or not – update regarding viability; schedule time to attend Selectman meeting for purpose of gaining visibility; and further discussion of January tax
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 8:30 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on 149 Southville Rd non-conforming porch reconstruction and 16 Newton St and non-conforming deck reconstruction
*Northborough Cable Access Television will live broadcast the meeting on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. (Note: The meeting will eventually be rebroadcast. But expect to wait several days before a time and link are posted to NCAT’s schedule.)
Updated (11/18/19 10:14 am): Although it’s not technically a public meeting, it seemed appropriate to include the OML Training being held on Wednesday evening.
Updated (11/18/19 10:28 am): I just notice that I had jumbled the acronym for Open Meeting Law training.
Updated (11/19/19 8:32 am): The Board of Selectmen meeting is being postponed to November 26th. Selectmen will be paying respect to the family of late former Selectman Brian Shifrin. Visiting Hours are being held at Morris Funeral Home this evening. (A celebration of a life well live will be announced at a later date.)