Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom.* Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, August 10, 2020
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agend with packet) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Town House Engineering and South Union School; Capital Planning with School Committee; Updates to Capital Plan based on Dept head feedback, FY22 capital items; Road and sidewalk maintenance; Vehicle acquisition policy; Town owned parcels
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on Chestnut Hill Farm Barn Major Site Plan Review; Discussions on 5 Breakneck Hill Rd conversion to 2-family home, 96 Mt. Vickery Rd Flexible Development, Open Space Monitoring Report, Stonebrook Village Open Space Site Walk, Village Mixed Use District Bylaw status, and Warrant Article sponsor re Fall Special Town Meeting
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
- Combined Schools Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Reopening Strategy – Discussion and Vote; Audience Sharing; Register for webinar to view live**
Thursday, August 13, 2020
- Youth Commission Meeting, 1:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Donation account – Request amendment; Migration to Town Email; Grant Proposals for 2020-2021; Anticipated Service Delivery and Program 2020-2021; Laurie Sugarman-Whittier Wellness Award 2020
Friday, August 14, 2020
- Personnel Board Meeting, 12:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agend with packet) Agenda Highlights: Report on BOS Goal Setting meetings; Request to set new pay rate for Library Technicians; Tuition Reimbursement Policy; Discuss amending SAP definition of “Anniversary Date”; Synchronization of Performance Evaluations & Salary increases; Possible revisions to Evaluation form; Review individual development plans
Additional meetings have virtual times reserved this week but no agendas are yet posted. (Click here later in the week to check if those are happening.) Those are:
- Recreation Commission (August 11 at 5:30 pm)
- Economic Development Committee (August 13 at 7:00 pm)
Last week, the Board of Registrars Meeting scheduled to be held virtually on August 5th was cancelled and rescheduled to Saturday, August 9th in the Town House Parking Lot with an additional agenda item: “Clerk determination of deficiency in number of required election officers”.
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
**The Combined School Committees meeting should eventually be aired via SAM Government Channel – Verizon Channel 37/ Charter Channel 192 and YouTube. To view live, register for webinar.
[Note: The public schools posted agendas for two additional Combined School Committee meetings this week for collective bargaining with the teacher associations. But those aren’t open to the public, so I didn’t list them. (Agendas have committees immediately entering Closed Executive Sessions with no return to open session.)]