Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom.* Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
Before I get to the meeting details, a quick reminder from the Town website that today’s the due date for Real Estate taxes:
Now, here are the meetings posted for this week. As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, November 2, 2020
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda, Mooney hearing materials, Richardson hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on Chestnut Hill Farm barn, Mooney field lights, and Richardson court lights; Discuss Stonebrook Village Landscaping Plan amendment, 10 Turnpike Rd Open Space Boundary Plan, Downtown zoning bylaw status, and Public Shade Tree removal policy
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Attending Planning Board meeting to discuss Mooney and Richardson Lighting site plan reviews
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- Southborough School Committee – Policy Development Subcommittee, 10:00 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Reviewing 17 policies including 7 new ones (Register for webinar.)
- Finn School Council, 3:00 pm @ Mart E. Finn Elementary School, Office Conference Room, 60 Richards Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review purpose, process, roles, and responsibilities of council Review of current School Improvement Plan and goals; open forum (See agenda for zoom link and passcode)
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Covid-19 Update from Board of Health; public works’ Chapter 90 project approvals; Discuss process for receiving/tracking litigation; Advisory request on EOY payouts and leave time accruals
Thursday, November 5, 2020
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Massachusetts School Building Authority and New England School Development Council update from Superintendent; Review and approval of decision tree; next steps
Friday, November 6, 2020
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Status of Future Programming; update on Senior Center renovations and status of additional toilet; Updates on grants, initiatives, and clubs
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.