Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Except for the Board of Assessors meeting, all currently scheduled meetings are only available to the public virtually.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, April 5, 2021
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 9:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Meeting minutes
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 1:00 pm @ Picnic Table Outside of Town House (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Meeting minutes followed by closed Executive Session
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Review of FY22 Dept Budgets & Annual Town Meeting Warrant Articles; Proposed fee increase for fuel storage tanks
- Board of Trustees Library Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with the Board of Selectmen to discuss FY22 budget
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Board of Selectmen to discuss Warrant Articles
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on applicants, aid, Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds possible award matches; Application approvals
- Joint Northborough, Southborough, & Regional Schools Policy Subcommittees Meeting, 5:00 pm @ virtual meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of Policy Summary Sheet (Register for webinar here.)
- Youth Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Utilizing contracted services funds for clinical consultation; Ellen Piontek Scholarship; Friends of Youth Commission update
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update and review of Goals & Recommendations; Discuss Chapter edits of Draft 2021 plan
*The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars. There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.