The Southborough Golf Club Women’s Casual League asked me to issue a public invitation for their new season. The group is welcoming more female golfers to tee off with them on Monday mornings.
The league is free, leaving only the usual fees* to play at the Southborough Golf Club.
The “Casual” part of the name highlights the social nature of the group, and lack of weekly commitment. (Though, pre-registration is required each week in order to assign tee times.)
Last year, about 26 women accepted the invite, with an average of over 16 players participating each week.
Here is this spring’s announcement:
Are you a golfer? Looking for other women to golf with?
The Southborough Golf Club Women’s Casual League will kick off the 2021 season on Monday, April 19th, at 9 AM. The league is designed to help you meet other female golfers and have a fun time doing it! There are no league dues; because this is primarily a social league, members are not required to register for a handicap. We are a great group of women!
Come join us!
- Season runs from April 19th through through October (weather permitting).
- We tee off on Monday mornings at 9 AM. In June, when the temperatures get warmer, we will switch to 8 AM. Please arrive at the golf course at least 15 minutes early.
- We assign tee times ahead of time. Anyone planning to play must send email to email@example.com by the previous Friday morning.
- All levels of players are welcome.
- A group of us usually get together on the deck after golf for some socializing.
- You do not have to commit to being there every week. We are very casual!
For more information or to be added to the email list, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated (4/9/21 12:33 pm): I mistakenly gave the wrong info in the second bullet on tee of times. That’ has been corrected.