Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless agendas note otherwise, meetings are open to the public.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Last week, a couple meetings popped up that I didn’t list last Monday – scroll down for those details.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, July 19, 2021
- Scholarship Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Agree on scholarships to be awarded, discuss process to announce and present awards
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 6-8 Turnpike Rd modification to Site Plan and Proposed Downtown District Bylaw, zoning map & design guidelines; Approval Not Required submission for 60 Oak Hill Rd; Discussion on Pilgrim Church sign; Master Plan Committee Appointments; Outdoor Illumination rules & Regs; Open Space Monitoring Report update; and Site Plan Approval compliance
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library Meeting, 11:00 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Library Façade Restoration Project; Native Plant Garden Project; Hiring Part-time Library Employees; Town ADA Study
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Rec Dept Office, 21 Highland Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Programming and projects in progress: Program Coordinator open position; Town ADA Report; Vote to recommend BOS appoint representative to Southborough Stewardship Committee (to fill recreation commission’s vacant seat)
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 8:00 am @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Master Plan Committee and SHOPC/Capital Subcommittee Update; Affordable Housing Trust 5yr plan consultant intro
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 12:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Library Pollination Preservation Garden CPA application; Master Plan Update; South Union School; Downtown Zoning Bylaw
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens, 49 Boston Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Executive Director Report and payment of bills
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 7:00 pm @ remote meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 35 Presidential zoning appeal for building permit for an addition, 10 Barn Lane variance to setback, 15 Common St variance to replace sign exceeding allowed square footage, and 37 Lynbrook Rd variance
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Draft MOUs, Discuss Raising Surcharge Above 1%; OSPC Request Admin Funds; Library Update; Basketball Court/Historical Society MOU; CPC Annual Presentation
Thursday, July 22, 2021
- Stewardship Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Negative Determination update; Community gardens update; Town forest, trail naming, invasives along the roadside; Choate Fund Grant; Beecology; Invasive management; Parking lot and fencing; Mowing/treework
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ remote meeting (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Agenda Highlights: Vote on reserve fund transfers for; Update on use of federal/state funds to offset pandemic related expenses video:
Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ remote meeting (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Agenda Highlights: Discussion with Trails Committee, Downtown District zoning bylaw, Officer elections
*For meetings that offer remote/virtual interaction, The Town has a dedicated zoom account. To find those details, click here.
In normal days, some of Southborough Access Media broadcasts some meetings live and/or delayed via cable and YouTube. Stay tuned to find out when they will be able to resume that function. In the meantime, if a meeting agenda doesn’t note a virtual means of watching, best presume there won’t be one.
Updated (7/19/21 3:32 pm): Somehow, I accidentally placed the Library Trustees Meeting and OSPC meeting as taking place today, prior to the post going up. They are actually Tuesday and Wednesday.