Here are the posted open committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, March 21, 2022
- Stewardship Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation from Trails Committee; Schedule Breakneck Hill site visit; Breakneck Hill meadow; Map with artist rendering; Dog Waste Campaign; Earth Day events
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Tech related to potential ARPA projects; support for 2nd position candidate search; Technical config/arch of new servers; Network arch review; Town Meeting prep; Library hotspots; Town digital content accessibility; Action Items Tracking
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- Southborough Trails Committee Meeting, 8:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss bylaw for standing committee
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on applications received; discuss applicant pool and follow up; start ranking
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Neary Building Committee; Assabet FY23 proposed assessment and other school matters; Southborough schools and Algonquin Regional FY23 budgets; Discuss Town Meeting Warrant Articles
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Attend Advisory Committee
- Noise Bylaw Ad Hoc Committee Meeting, pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on status from Legal and Selectboard and address any requested changes; Work on presentation and public outreach
Thursday, March 24, 2022
- Trails Committee Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Peninsula Trail, ARPA potential project list; standing committee Article; Choate grant planning; guided hikes for Mental Health Awareness Month; volunteer request; goals for Master Plan timeline and funding proposal; Website updates; Trail Maintenance planning
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Prepare for joint meeting with Select Board, including discussion of Annual Town Meeting Warrant Articles
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Recreation application update, Memo of Understanding requirements, Warrant language; Updates on Open Space Preservation Commission application and Historical Society project
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm – The agenda has yet to be posted, but the committee is inviting the public to a ” public forum on ARPA funds usage”. For the zoom link, click here. To look for the agenda to be posted later this week, click here.
- Joint Meeting of Advisory Committee and Select Board, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: To discuss all matters relating to the 2022 Annual Town Meeting including the budget articles and non money articles. [Note: The Select Board’s agenda for this has yet to be posted. You can look for that later this week here.]
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, March 17, 2022
- Noise Bylaw Ad-Hoc Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Work on bylaw draft and presentation
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda and packet, video) Agenda Highlights: Recent Site Visits/Artifacts, Design options for Circle, Update from Historical Commission
Friday, March 18, 2022
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda and packet, video) Agenda Highlights: Library Director Evaluation; Candidates’ Night 2022; Staff Appreciation Week; Town Meeting handout
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.