Here are the posted open committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Worth noting – The FY23 budget has been on the Select Board’s and Advisory Committee’s agendas for months. However, they are targeting this week to finalize the figures, in hopes that the numbers in the printed Warrant won’t need to be amended on Town Meeting floor. (Although the Meeting doesn’t open until May 4th, the Warrant is expected to be sent to the printer this week.)
Monday, April 4, 2022
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 12:55 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Neary Building Committee, South Union subcommittee, and Town Clerk revised request; Police Taser renewal; Rec request for CPA Article for Pickleball Courts at Finn; Updates on ATM Warrant and Advisory positions; ARPA Committee update and impact; Town Meeting Article for Neary School Feasibility Study; Updates on surveys and capital project tracker
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Appoint Student Police Officer; OPEB Audit; FY21 Audit; Warrant Article for standing Trails Committee; Update on MBTA Communities letter; Update on in-person meetings; Approval to begin Rte 9 Business Corridor EEA grant project; FY23 Budget Update; Positions on Warrant Articles; Outdoor Dining Permits; Update on Tree Warden and Tree Hearing for Flagg/Deerfoot Rd
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Fund Meeting, 8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Continued discussion of an applicant’s need
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Feedback on Final Draft of Housing Chapter in Master Plan; South Union Subcommittee update; Affordable Housing Trust 5 Year Plan; Presentation by Metropolitan Area Planning Council; ARPA Top 4 Priorities; MBTA Communities
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Chapter Reviews Housing, Public Service and Schools; Implementation Feedback; Adding to plan pictures from contest; Next steps
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Neary Building Committee status; Community Preservation Committee’s Mooney field project and financial review; Economic Development Committee budget and work; FY23 proposed benefits budget and overall budget; Warrant Article positions
Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 4:15 pm @ Town House Hearing Room, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review and sign five-year valuation methodology agreement between Verizon New England, Dept of Revenue, and the Town (to be used to develop assessments for FY 2023-27); Update on single-family measure & list program
- Noise Bylaw Ad-Hoc Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Draft status; work on programming, Q&A, and outreach
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm – The committee asked readers be informed they are meeting weekly at this time “to discuss how to spend $3+ million allotted to the town via the American Recovery Plan Act.” Public comment is welcomed after completion of the agenda or can be emailed in advance. For details, click here. To look for the agenda to be posted later this week, click here.
Friday, April 8, 2022
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve Library Façade Restoration Project Change Order
- Southborough Stewardship Committee Meeting, 4:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Upcoming Earth Day guided walk; Scoop the Poop Campaign; Breakneck Hill Management; Map with artist rendering
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, March 31, 2022
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Response from St. Mark’s School; Historical Commission input; Feedback and discussion of options for recommendations
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Report on Economic Development initiatives and MBTA Communities – 495/MetroWest Partnership presentation; EEA Grant Quarterly Report Update; EDC Review of 2021 Master Plan
- ARPA Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Review proposals and identify open questions; Discuss evaluation approach
Friday, April 1, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Trails Committee Presentation, Spring programs, FY23 Budget and formula grant; Caregiver meals budget; Tax workoff program clarification; Updates on ARPA status and Capital Committee; Program ideas
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.