I received news that the Southborough Police Department needs to hire a new police officer. As long as I’m at it, I’m also sharing more positions at NSBORO schools. In addition to the usual types of postings, there are a several anticipated openings for teachers needed for the next school year.
If you’d like to share your company’s job openings in future weeks, email email@example.com.
To look for previously posted Southborough jobs, click here.
Town of Southborough
- Police Officer (full-time)
The Southborough Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
Applications can be picked up in person at the Southborough Police Department, 32 Cordaville Road, Southborough, MA or click here and scroll down for the posted announcement, hiring process, and application. The strict application deadline is 4:00 pm on Wednesday, May 11, 2022. All applications can be sent certified registered mail or delivered in person in sealed envelopes to Acting Chief of Police Ryan M. Newel. Please provide a cover letter and current resume in the packet. Applications must be type written. Applicants having trouble securing key documents by the deadline should contact Lt. Ryan Newell.
The department operates out of the new state-of-the-art Southborough Public Safety Facility. Salary and benefit package highly competitive for the area through Mass COP Local 167 contract, including educational incentive, tuition reimbursement, and leading Detail Work benefits for the area. Features include a commercial level fitness center (work out at work program), and training room that hosts regional, state, and MPI training classes.
The department is Accredited through MPAC. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements: U.S. citizen; high school graduate (college degree preferred); at least 21 years of age; have a valid driver’s license; able to pass an intensive background check.
Lateral Transfer or Full-Time MPTC Police Academy Training strongly preferred, but not required for ideal candidates eligible for MPTC Academy Admission. . Cadets currently attending a full-time academy are encouraged to apply, as well as past applicants. Women and minorities are urged to apply. The Town of Southborough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply by 4:00 pm on May 11, 2022 – click here for details
Public Schools of Northborough and Southborough (NSBORO)
Here are the new district/Southborough/Algonquin positions listed since my previous post.
Anticipated openings for the ’22 – ’23 School Year:
- Chemistry Teacher – Algonquin Regional High School
- Special Education Teacher – Algonquin Regional High School
- School Psychologist – Algonquin Regional High School
- Education Support Professional (ESP/Aide) – Student Support Services
- School Nurse – Trottier Middle School
- Health Teacher – part-time (.4 FTE) – Trottier Middle School
- Elementary ELD Teacher – Finn School
- Library Media Specialist Teacher (K-5) (3 positions) – Northborough Southborough Public Schools Library Media Specialist
- Elementary Teacher – Finn School
- Math Teacher (4 positions) – Algonquin Regional High School
- Social Studies Teacher – Trottier Middle School
Current or summer openings:
- Food Services (Cafeteria) Worker – Northborough Southborough
- SEDP Summer Fun Club: Assistant Group Leader – Neary Elementary School
- SEDP Summer Fun Club Group Leader (5 positions) – Neary Elementary School
- Education Support Professional (ESP/Aide) – Trottier Middle School
- Custodian – Building Maintenance – Algonquin Regional High School
- Administrative Assistant – Algonquin Regional High School
- Education Support Professional (ESP/Aide) – Algonquin Regional High School
- All-Town Band Director & Assistant Director (2 positions) – Northborough Southborough Public Schools
- Technology Systems Administrator – Northborough Southborough Public Schools Technology
- Extended Day Site Coordinator (4 positions) – Northborough Southborough Public Schools
- Student Summer Custodians (10 positions) – Northborough Southborough Public Schools
For other NSBORO opportunities (previously advertised or in Northborough K-8 schools) click here.