Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week.
Monday, June 6, 2022
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Discuss member reappointment; Affordable Housing Trust – 5-year Plan; ARPA Spending request tor Technical Assistance; Warrant Article prep; MBTA Communities
- Planning Board Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Master Plan Committee presentation; Hearings on Ken’s Foods warehouse and 200 Turnpike Rd contractor facility; Vote on representatives on other committees/subcommittees; Discuss Tree Protection and Scenic Road bylaws; 154 Turnpike Rd Site Plan Compliance
Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:30 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: (following a closed Executive Session) Vote on contracts for Public Health Director and Septic Inspector
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates from Principals, on Social Emotional Learning Survey, and on Covid; Vote on School Lunch Price increase; Enrollments; Updates on grants, Facilities rental revolving fund, Neary Building Committee, and Communications
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Recap on Annual Town Meeting and next steps; Closing out Choate Fund 2021 grant project; Updates on Aqueduct Connector trail, Peninsula Trail, Mass Trails grant, ARPA funding, and Choate 2022 grant; Constitution Drive trail system and maintenance; Accessibility and Inclusion Purpose Statement; Committee roles
Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Lundblad Facility Study
Friday, June 10, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am @ Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Hall (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Upcoming programs; Updates on ARPA funding, and addition construction plans; Discuss Board composition and potential alternates; Discuss strategy for planning for Senior Center future
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting. To check for an updated list of meetings later this week, visit the town website.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a day or two.)
- Town committees and boards that advertise remote meetings can be joined on zoom (details here). They are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If they don’t advertise a remote option, assume that only in-person attendance is allowed.