Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and over zoom (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: 2022 Scholarship Awards; Hopkinton’s request to Connect to MWRA Water through Southborough; Request to lower Parkerville Rd speed limit; Approve Transfer Station Rules & Regs; Open Warrant for October 13 Special Town Meeting; Approve interdepartmental transfers; Approve FY23 Board and Committee appointments; One Day Liquor License Application for Beer Truck Event June 23rd at 120 Turnpike Rd; Release several Executive Session Minutes; Appoint Senior IT Specialist; Approve DPW Superintendent contract; Consider $12K of ARPA funds for Taxation Relief Committee; Discuss Tree Warden position and appointment extension, St. Mark’s Street project and revised Working Group charge; Police Chief recruitment process; FY23 budget adjustments
- Youth Commission Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Budget update; Strategic Plan; Youth Council office position votes; posting commission vacancy; ARPA funding update
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Salary Survey Initiation; Employee Training; Tuition Reimbursement; Hirings and Departures; Update on Benefits Working Group; Vote FY22 Annual Salary increases eff. July 1st
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: text
- Combined School Committees Meeting, 6:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Reappoint School Physician; Strategic Plan Update; Personnel; 22-23 School Calendar Discussion and Vote; Superintendent’s 21-22 Evaluation and 22-23 Contract
- Regional School Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Athletics Update; Enrollments; Review of Covid Data; Vote on School Lunch price increase; Approve Student Handbook; First Reading of policy on Capital Stabilization Fund
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approval of May 18 Meeting Minutes
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Update on accounts investment strategy; Finalize Recreation MOU Tennis/Pickleball Court; FY24 application process; Process for closing out projects; Consultant Update
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Neary Building Committee, possible reserve fund/inter-dept transfer requests, and St. Mark’s St Park project; Future budget planning & review process; Liaison roles; Discuss idea of increasing CPA surcharge
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a day or two.)
- Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VOD player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Town committees and boards that advertise remote meetings can be joined on zoom (details here). They are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If they don’t advertise a remote option, assume that only in-person attendance is allowed.