Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, July 18, 2022
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Public Safety Building – Training Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Next steps on tech related ARPA projects Including: website upgrade options; Standardized technology vendor question list; Town digital content accessibility; Updates on Town tech Staffing and Schools’ synergies with Town IT; Digital access control options for transfer station; Cell coverage holes
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Public Safety Building – Training Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Public Works Planning Board on Hopkinton request for water connection, Water Master Plan Review, Cordaville Rd project for 2023 Town Meeting; Discuss Road Maintenance RFP Next Steps; Committee Reorganization; Representative to Community Center Exploration Committee; Updates on Neary Building Committee and South Union Subcommittee; Pavement Management Program process update
- Public Works Planning Board Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Public Safety Building – Training Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Capital Planning Committee on Hopkinton request for water connection, Water Master Plan Review, Cordaville Rd project for 2023 Town Meeting
Tuesday, July 19, 2022
- Historical Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation on planned archaeological investigation of the St. Mark’s Triangle parcel; Possible co-sponsorship of Scenic Roads Bylaw; Next steps on approved ARPA grant Historic District signage; Demolition Delay Bylaw updates on 22 Edgewood Road and 42 Main Street; Activities of the St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group; 100th Anniversary of the Southborough Village Society; Commission logo [Editor’s Note: Under “other business”, I expect the new fencing at 84 Main St to be briefly discussed]***
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Historical Commission for Archeological Presentation
- Recreation Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Recreation Office, 21 Highland Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Trails Committee on request for Re Director and Commission oversight of Peninsula Trails project; Updates on camp, programming, and construction projects (including Kallander and tennis courts); status of van purchase; Changing 911 Field rental fees; Request from ABSA for Fence Install; Discuss Revolving Fund capacity for spending/expenses/projects analysis; Lundblad Study Discussions; Commission rep on Community Center Exploratory Committee
- Southborough Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Stay on trail sign replacements; Choate Grant 2021 Sign Update; Updates on Aqueduct Connector Trail, and Peninsula Trail; REC’s request to host a trail walk/hike in July; DCR’s offer to plant native plants at trailhead; MassTrails Grant contracting and project kickoff planning; ARPA funding update; Next steps with crosswalk; Shed; Trail Maintenance; Choate Fund 2022 grant next steps; Constitution Drive trail system; Accessibility and Inclusion Purpose Statement; Website updates; Committee roles
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing on permit for secondary signage for The Vin Bin/The Donut Stand
Thursday, July 21, 2022
- Golf Couse Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Investigate/propose actions to mitigate neighbors’ concerns; Plan to work on committee charge
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, July 14, 2022
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Status of Archeological Dig; Members’ Key Ideas for Park Layout/Function/Design; Discuss role of Landscape Architect in future meeting(s); Discus Naming of Park
Friday, July 15, 2022
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Use of FY22 Salary Line for Professional Development; Expense Report; Review Pending Library Capital Items; Friends of Southborough Library Rep; Façade Restoration Update; Revised Library Exhibit Policy; Space Use Policy; Purchase of New Furniture
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town committees and boards that advertise remote meetings can be joined on zoom (details here). They are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If they don’t advertise a remote option, assume that only in-person attendance is allowed.
***Updated (7/18/22 1:34 pm): I reached out to the Chair of the Historical Commission about the fencing on the stone wall at 84 Main Street. He was aware but it was too late to add that item to Tuesday night’s agenda. He does plan to briefly address it, but substantial discussion would have to wait for a meeting to provide advanced notice.