Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, September 19, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing on Tobacco Regs; Variance Request for 16 Meadow Lane; Food Safety grant; Approval of Noise Policy and Guidance docs
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Utility pole hearings for 5 Burnett Rd & 35 Boston Rd; Updates on Q4 Finances, review of Hopkinton indirect MWRA water connection, and Regional Dispatch services discussions; Water Bill appeal; Review Board letter/package to MassHousing on Park Central 40B application; Discussion of St. Marks Street Park Working Group – Public Forum; Update on MassDOT response on Shared Streets grant meeting; Approve Golf Course spending on changes to Holes #6 and #7 tee box relocation; Consider ARPA spending on Special Town Meeting financial articles; Final Warrant for October 13, 2022 Special Town Meeting; Discuss assigning review of Old Burial Ground flags to Historical Commission
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Director Schedule, Camp RFP, programming, construction projects, WW/Choate Softball Field, and Van purchase; 9/11 Field Revolving Fund Transfer; Request from ABSA for Fence Install; Revolving Fund capacity for spending/expenses/projects analysis; Southborough Community Fund Grant; Lundblad Study Discussions; Representatives on CPC and Ad-Hoc Community Center Exploratory Committee
- Historical Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss possible Commission help with Penninsula Trail interpretive signage; Approve signage proofs for the Historic District; Election of SHC officers; Updates on St. Mark’s Triangle archaeological investigation, 42 Main Street and 84 Main Street updates, Preservation Restriction activity, and Scenic Roads Bylaw; Discuss possible future initiatives
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: ARPA projects next steps (Town website upgrade proposal and User Experience Research Volunteer); Standardized tech vendor question list; Town digital content accessibility; Updates on Town Staffing, new Town servers, Town and schools’ Network and security assessment, schools’ synergies with town IT; Digital access control options for transfer station; Electronic Clickers for Voting at ATM; Mobile network coverage holes; Review of 2022 resident survey results
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Fair Housing Marketing Plan; Employment resumes
- Combined NSBORO School Committees Meeting, 5:30 pm @Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough** (agenda) Agenda Highlights: NSPAC Annual Presentation; Superintendent’s Evaluation, timeline and goals; Draft 2023-2024 Student Calendar
- Regional School Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough** (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on School reopening, Transportation, lunches, and Athletics; Vacancy discussion; FY24 Budget Priorities; Athletic Complex Project; Solar Update; 2nd reading of new policy on Capital Stabilization Fund
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing of 241 and 245 Turnpike Rd Special Permit and Variance for proposed building to encroach the 75-foot front setback to construct a two-story membership club for car enthusiasts
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss Recreation revolving account; Updates on Neary Building Committee, Reserve fund requests, and Q4 and FY22 finances; Vote on October Special Town Meeting article positions
- Recreation Commission Meeting, (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with Advisory Committee to discuss Recreation Revolving Fund [Note: Although Rec’s agenda indicates the meeting is in person at the Town House and begins at 7pm, it also refers to a TBD (at the time) Advisory agenda. That later-posted agenda indicates it doesn’t begin until 7:30 pm and will only be over zoom.]
Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Select Board actions; upcoming presentation to Select Board and public
Below are meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list and one that I missed:
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 9:15 am (agenda and packet, video) Agenda Highlights: Comment letter to MassHousing on Park Central 40B proposal [Note: Apologies for missing including this last week. I misread it as only a closed Executive Session on the police chief negotiations.]
- Greater Burroughs Partnership for Health Meeting, 2:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: FY23 proposed budgets for shared services grant Covid contact tracing grant; Update on nursing visits to residents’ homes; Covid clinics; Community Health Assessment
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Finn Tennis/Pickleball Court and Kallander Field; ARHS Athletic Complex project application review; Closing out projects and final payments for Finn court, Flagg School exterior assessment, and Civil War Flag and Historic documents restoration; Updates on Town House and St. Mark’s Bell Tower projects; Special Town Meeting Updates (OSPC project and review warrant; Consultants Contract Extension [Note: video not yet posted, but you can look for it here.]
Friday, September 16, 2022
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Staff appointments; Use of Ella Eaton Room; Library Signage; Space Use Policy; Purchase of staff lockers
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VOD player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetins are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video