Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 4:15 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Release overlay funds totaling $100,000 for Special Town Meeting tree article; Review FY23 Tax Classification Hearing presentation; recap Tax rate process
- Municipal Technology Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: User Experience Research effort; Town website upgrade proposal; Standardized technology vendor question list; Town digital content accessibility; Town Tech Staffing and arch of new servers; Town and Schools synergy and security assessments; Electronic Clickers for Voting at ATM; Pavement Management System; AssessPro Upgrade; Status of Cellular deserts
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Outreach training for Mental Health Services; FY24 Budget
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Salary Administration Plan Amendments; Working Group update on SAP Benefits revisions; Employee Handbook update; FY24 Annual Increase and budget
- Woodward School Council Meeting, 3:30 pm @ Woodward School Conference Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School Improvement Plan Review and Update
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Library (agenda) Agenda Highlights: K-8 School Improvement Plans; Updates on Mass School Building Authority status and Town ADA report; Committee vacancy; FY24 budget priorities
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Neary Building Committee, SHOPC subcommittee, Pavement Management System, and DPW Road maintenance bid; Request to use ARPA for Town website upgrade; Town tech 10 yr capital plan; Recreation request for van purchase; review capital project status
Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Trottier Middle School room 190 (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve Police Chief Contract and recommendation of Facilities Director re Senior Center Community Room RFP; Discuss Proposed Tax Levy for FY23
- Prep meetings for Special Town Meeting:
- Planning Board Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Trottier Middle School Room 186 and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Final hearings on the Board’s Articles on the STM Warrant – Tree Protection Bylaw – Section 153 Draft Tree Policy, and Scenic Roads [Note: I confirmed the Board is trying to set up to allow zoom participation for this meeting (although not through the OWL system). If they run into too many issues, they’ll update the agenda posting.]
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Room 139 (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussion on October Special Town Meeting articles with Select Board and Vote on Article positions
- Select Board Meeting @ Trottier Middle School room 139 (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Join Advisory Committee for Special Town Meeting Prep
- Special Town Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Trottier Middle School auditorium (Warrant and materials) Agenda Highlights: For details, see blog coverage here. [Note: Expect this meeting to be recorded and broadcast by Southborough Access Media – but remote participation isn’t an option.]
Friday, October 14, 2022
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 8:15 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on regional collaboration with Marlborough, Westborough, and Ashland; Coordinator Update; EEA Grant Report; EDC goals; Determining better possible meeting time
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on construction plans for new addition; Vote on Woodward alternative; Budget status
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Library Façade Restoration Project; Library Signage; Discuss Special Town Meeting; Policies for Circulating Wireless Hotspots and Space Use
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership/ Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Further/Ongoing Outline/Contents for Draft of Report of Subcommittee and next steps (video wasn’t yet posted, but you can check for it here.)
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a day or two.)
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetins are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video
Updated (10/12/22 8:31 am): Select Board updated its agenda clarifying that they will be meeting in two locations on Thursday night (plus added an agenda item). While updating that, I also added a newly posted Library Trustees agenda.