Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, October 31, 2022
- Southborough Public Accessibility Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Rd, Conference Room A (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Downtown Sidewalks; Trails Committee “Accessible Trails”; Fine By-Law; Update on St. Marks Park; MOD FY 2022 Annual Report; Budget Items
Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 11:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss the Community Compact Best Practice Grant Application
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 11:30 am @ Public Safety Building, 32 Cordaville Rd, Training Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review and act on Principal Assessor’s request to release overlay; approve motor vehicle abatements; Ratify Principal Assessor’s contract
- Select Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Introduce new Firefighters; Water Bill Appeal (6 Watkins Lane); Update by Recreation Dept; Update on 241 Turnpike Road property (vacant site of former Andrea’s Restaurant); Appoint committee reps to Community Center Exploratory Committee; Consider using ARPA funds to cover increase for Senior Center addition, Hazard pay for Police and Fire, and upgrade to Town-Owned Buildings’ Wi-Fi; Discuss Hopkinton water connection project; Potential Warrant Articles for Annual Town Meeting
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Join the Select Board meeting to share department updates on past, present, and future programs, events, and capital improvements
Wednesday, November 2, 2022
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am @ Public Safety Building, 32 Cordaville Rd, Training Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Salary Study Report presentation by Collins Center
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- Select Board Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet, video) Agenda Highlights: DPW Superintendent recruitment process; process to publicize Hopkinton proposal for indirect connection to MWRA water
- Economic Development Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Coordinator Update/Contract role and list of tasks; EDC Goals; Updates on Master Plan and Grant; Budget Discussion
Thursday, October 27, 2022
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership / Capital Planning Subcommittee Meeting, 8:30 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Subcommittee Report draft
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Group charge, land swap status, and Archeological Dig; Discuss written report to Select Board and public forum format
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetins are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video
Updated (10/31/22 12:00 pm): The Golf Course Committee posted its agenda this morning.