Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, November 28, 2022
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote on all proposed capital articles for Annual Town Meeting and presentation for Select Board and Advisory
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- N/S Regional School Committees Collective Bargaining Subcommittee Meeting, 4:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve Minutes before entering closed Executive Session
- Board of Assessors Meeting, 4:15 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss performance appraisal form; Approve
motor vehicle abatements; Status of mapping software; FY24 budget
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Revisions to Salary A schedule; approve adjustments considered “below minimum” in recommended FY24 pay ranges
- Stewardship Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Public Safety Building Training Room, 32 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Breakneck Hill map review; Cross-group meeting; Updates on Management Plan and farm dump
Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Strategic Planning Session — discuss developing a five-year strategic plan; possible new programs, staffing and operational issues; Update on construction plans for new addition
Report on upcoming winter programs
Friday, December 2, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am @ Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: State incentive grant for caregiver respite
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss past public forum and preparing interim report
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetins are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video