Last week, Algonquin celebrated ten students’ commitments to compete in college sports next year. And, after a tough season, Gonk Football went out on a high note.
Last Tuesday, ARHS Athletics tweeted photos of its annual signing ceremony. The school included a list of the following student athletes who secured a place on college teams next fall:
- Jake Pryor – Malone University
- Gigi Rhind – Assumption University
- Ava Wilde – University of Vermont
- Audrey Richardson – College of Wooster, Ohio
- Mia Lochead – Boston College
- Maddie Faucher – Hobart & Williams Smith Colleges
- Gabriela Miranda – Liberty University
- Field Hockey — Grace Ammon – Ohio Wesleyan University
- Baseball — Jack Gamache – Western New England University
- Wrestling — Rafael Knapp – University at Buffalo
- Crew — Karoline Crippen – Northeastern University
(In answer to a question the last bullet on the list might prompt — No, Algonquin doesn’t have a crew team.)
The following day, the school held its big annual pep rally. This year, it included some pie-faced administrators. The student council sold raffle tickets for the honor of stuffing a cream pie in the face of a few school celebrities. You can see the pics right of ARHS Principal Sean Bevan taking one for the team.
You can check out a few photo highlights courtesy of Owen Jones Photography below (and the full gallery here).
Looking ahead at winter sports. . .
While season competitions don’t kick off until next week, some Titans in pre-season competitions this weekend. Wrestling and Girls Ice Hockey will play in scrimmages. The Boys and Girls Swim teams will take part in Milford’s annual Relay Carnival on Saturday morning, then the 20th Annual MidWach Swim-a-thon Against Hunger that night.
Here are the details:
Saturday, December 3, 2022
- 9:00 am – Girls Swimming @ Milford (Milford’s Relay Carnival)
- 9:00 am – Boys Swimming @ Milford (Milford’s Relay Carnival)
- 9:00 am – Wrestling Scrimmage vs. Wayland @ Wayland High School
- 3:55 pm – Girls Ice Hockey Scrimmage vs. Central Catholic @ Breakaway Ice Center
- 6:00 pm – Girls Swimming @ Westboro Tennis & Swim Club (20th Annual Swim-a-thon Against Hunger)
- 6:00 pm – Boys Swimming @ Westboro Tennis & Swim Club (20th Annual Swim-a-thon Against Hunger)
(To check for changes or find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)