Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Due to school break, so far it’s a light week.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- MetroWest Regional Transit Authority Meeting, 10:00 am @ 15 Blandin Ave, 3rd Floor Conference Room, Framingham and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Proposed FY24 operating budget; Status of FY22 Audit
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Historical Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect new vice chair; Discuss historical components of St. Mark’s Street Park; Historic District signage placement; Demo delay updates
Friday, April 21, 2023
- Select Board Meeting, 8:00 am @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: DPW Superintendent Contract
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- Woodward School Council Meeting, 3:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School Update (staffing, curriculum, MCAS testing}
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.
Updated (4/18/23 4:42 pm): Added Friday’s Select Board meeting (and deleted extraneous text from template.)